Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad Honeymoon takes the reign of the most wanted eye shadow palette of the year. I pursued really hard for it, and was beyond thrilled when I finally got my hands on it. The delayed review was partly because I did not want to spoil such a beautiful palette while it was brand new! There is no fancy design to this palette apart from the signature Tom Ford packaging, but the combination of four gorgeous neutral colors with a twist speaks for itself.
The quality, texture and pigmentation are in line with the other quads from Tom Ford. I have covered my thoughts in the past reviews many times (review for Disco Dust). In summary, they are the most luxurious eye shadows with premium quality that glide on silky smooth in a single swipe with no fallout, and they blend and set beautifully on the eyes without looking cakey and heavy. It is expensive for eye shadows but all the powder is very densely packed so a little goes a long way, and this palette will last you years even with daily use! If you are a makeup lover who indulges in beautiful packaging, Tom Ford will always make you feel super pampered.
All fours colours in Honeymoon have shimmers varying to different degrees – some are shimmery with a wet sheen, and some are very subtle with a soft gleam . This palette is great for creating a natural look but also buildable for a more smokey and bold look. It has an interesting mix of colors – the warm coppery bronze with rosey and plummy browns, and they wear beautifully together. It’s winter, so I like to pack more plummy colors for a fall look. In hotter days the bronze shades will be more useful.
1. Peachy golden color with gold shimmer.
2. Coppery light bronze with gold shimmer
3. Dark plummy chocolate brown with silver shimmer. Applies to a semi-matte finish with a hint of sheen.
4. Rusty rosy brown with magenta shimmer. Applies to a satin finish in high sheen.
– Nordstrom in the US.
– Selfridges with international shipping
– You can purchase Tom Ford makeup at David Jones Online in Australia, but unfortunately Honeymoon is still out of stock.