There are so many great deals happening today which is the Vogue Online Shopping Night, Here are my picks for some bargain grabs from some local and international shops.
1. Paul and Joe Sister Sweater – currently 30% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
2. Joe’s Jeans Slouched Slim Jeans – currently 30% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
3. Tony Bianco espadrilles -(in leopard and black/white) – 25% off with code VOGQ one day only. These espadrilles are stylish, Chanelesque, good quality with leather upper and lining and affordable! I love them so much so I have them in both colors!
4. J Brand White Tee – Currently 40% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14. J Brand makes the best white Tee. I am debating if I need a backup of this since this style rarely goes on sale!
5. Rag and Bone Denim Shorts – Currently 60% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
6. Alice D Leather Tote – Currently 30% off. Very well priced for a made in Italy all leather stylish tote.
7. Birkenstock - 25% off with code VOGQ one day only.
8. Jennifer Zeuner Evil Eye Necklace – 30% off with code VOGUELOVE from my favorite local fashion jewelry store. I’ve been eyeing this for a while.
9. Amber Sceats Bangle – 30% off with code VOGUELOVE. Bow and Knot bangles are the style to go for at the moment
10. Gorjana ring set 1 – Currently 20% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14.
11. Gorjana ring set 2 – Currently 20% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14.
I have an obsession with cashmere sweaters. As JCrew always say “The best things in life are cashmere“. Cashmere sweaters to me are like the fashion equivalent of Suqqu brushes for beauty – they are investment-worthy, feel so whispering soft and luxurious against your skin. As for the chic factor, if you have read this ultimate fashion bible (which is my all time favorite fashion book and I highly recommend to everyone), you would know that cashmere is the ultimate hero item to be invested in for a timeless wardrobe.
I like to collect quality cashmere sweaters every fall, so over the time I have accrued many across major contemporary brands that are known for making them such as JCrew, Vince and Equipment. I have seen some cheaper ones from the high street brands such as Zara and Uniqlo, and I wasn’t impressed… Since the good ones can be pricey I thought I’d share my thoughts on some of my all time favorites.
The JCrew Cashmere Boyfreind Sweater was my first cashmere sweater (currently 30% off!). I love it so much so I bought them in three different colors – the navy, black, and a hot pink. I love the V neck paired with a relaxed fit which just makes this style so Parisian chic and effortless. JCrew cahsmere is the thickest and most weighty brand than all the others so it’s the most winter-proof.
The Vince Breton Cashmere Sweater is the softest and feels the most plush (currently 20% off at SAKS!). I was in this sweater nearly this entire fall because it felt weightless yet kept me really warm and cosy. It has a longer and more boxy fit so it’s great for wearing it over a shirt like this model, and the stripes makes this sweater perfect for running errands whilst still looking chic.
from my instagram
The Equipment Sloane Cashmere Sweater (also available here). It has a slightly relaxed fit but more slimmer than a typical boyfriend sweater. I find this cut the most versatile, as I can easily wear it alone, or over a shirt as well as underneath a blazer. The quality is amongst the best – it feels tender, soft and plush, and stays in shape without balling up. I have been wearing it regularly and tossing it around everywhere, and it still stays in tip top condition!
Sunglasses – Karen Walker (bought here)
Skirt – (on sale here)
Booties – Toga Pulla (bought here)
I am so excited to find out that Shopbop’s FRIENDS and FAMILY Sale Event 25% storewide is back on again!! It’s probably the best online deal of the year and as usual I shopped up a storm from this event and bought some clothes (including this one, this one, and this one) which I have been lemming for a while.
Enter discount code “FAMILY25” at checkout to enjoy 25% off storewide between October 14th -16th. Such a great mid-week pick-me-up event and happy shopping everyone!
Holiday season is just around the corner and I am starting to look for resort wear and travel friendly yet stylish shoes for my coming soon vacation. I had my eyes set on this pair of Stella McCartney Wedge Platform Loafers as soon as they were out, and little did I know they were completely sold out within days across major online stores for my size. I had to add my name on the wishlist for quite a while until they were restocked! They are uber chic luxe loafers with a mannish inspired look. Flatforms can feel chunky but this pair is very flexible as they are quite light and the heels are made of rubber. Perfect as ‘walking shoes’ and I can dress down or up with them.
Shoes – Stella McCartney (bought here, also love this version here)
Tote – Chanel
Jeans – Frame Denim (bought here, also available here)
It’s been a busy week for me but I still have time to ‘window shop’ and put together my wishlist for this month!
1. Gucci Makeup!! – I am so excited about the new Gucci makeup line which is the talk of the town at the moment. The packaging speaks for glamour and luxury, and I sense that these following products will be mine very soon after browsing through the entire range over and over again.
- Gucci Lipstick Exposure and Hibiscus Thrill
- Gucci Color Shadow Mono
- Gucci Nail Lacquer
- Gucci Eyeshadow Quad Crystal Copper and Tuscan Storm
2. La Mer LE Illuminating Powder – The La Mer loose powder is the best I have ever used (reviewed here) and it’s sad to see that it’s being discontinued. So thrilled to find this limited edition illuminating powder set that makes me swoon.
3. La Mer Intensive Revitalizing Mask – If you have read my previous skincare posts, you would know that I am a big fan of La Mer. It’s a brand that you either hate, or you love and you will stick to their products for years and years, and I am the latter. I have seen visible and great results from their products, and I always wished for a more ‘affordable’ wash off type mask from La Mer. So my wish has been granted and I am definitely going to get this one! Also available in Australia now – here.
4. Cle de Peau Radiant Fluid foundation – Cle de Peau’s foundation is the crème de la crème for over a decade in the market. Very intrigued by their latest radiant foundation which sounds even better than the previous ones (reviewed here)! FYI Cle de Peau is currently offering a gift with purchase at Nordstrom.
5. Bottega Veneta Knot – Another amazing fragrance from this designer house! Been wearing the sample everyday and I am completely head over heels with the scent. If you love the Tom Ford’s Neroli Portofino you would love this one! Fresh, unique and sophisticated.
6. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar On the Go – The latest Filmstar range is available on NAP now! I particularly love the color combination of this one.
7. Chloe Drew – Last but not least, a fashion item which is the IT bag at the moment that is spotted everywhere at fashion weeks. I don’t normally crave for soft pink bags but somehow this bag just grows on me day by day. Such a delicate design with beautiful gold hardware that looks tres chic rather than overly cute. Sold out everywhere except here.
This fall I am really into fedora hats and basically any accessories that have fringe or tassel embellishments such as my shoes, so I put together this boho outfit mixing some of my favorite accessories this season with an Anna Sui crochet lace dress. I actually bought this dress as a formal wear last year for my son’s baptism, but that’s what makes me really enjoy fashion in that styling the same piece of clothing with different accessories such as bags and shoes can completely transform the look. Since it was such a sentimental dress for me, I got my boy (who is 13 months now!) to make a cameo in this post lol.
Hats – Rag and Bone (link here)
Shades – Karen Walker (link here)
Dress – Anna Sui (old, similar here by DVF, and here for under $130)
Bag – YSL (link here or here)
Shoes – Toga Pulla (link here)
I am so excited to show you my recent purchase of the Tom Ford Fall 2014 Collection! After seeing the Tom Ford 2014 Fall makeup reviews and pictures trickling on the internet , I couldn’t wait until November to buy them in Australia. So as soon as I saw the collection available online including the highly coveted Eye Shadow Quad in Nude Dip, I placed my order through ShopandBox which is a parcel forwarding online service company that helps you to shop anything globally (not just from one country). My experience with them has been wonderful. The entire purchase process was simple and quick – I sent them the links where I wanted to purchase and they pretty much placed the order for me within hours after confirmation. The communication has been extremely prompt and friendly so I highly recommend this company if there is any thing you’d like to source that aren’t available in your country!
I bought all of these at Harvey Nichols through ShopandBox which is the only shop that has Nude Dip online. The Contouring Color Cheek Duo in Stroke and the Lip Color in Twist of Fate can be found at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus which is currently running a Beauty Event.
I was going to post my review for the Giorgio Armani Cheek Fabric Blushes which I have already sneak peeked on my Instagram, but I got sidetracked with the arrival of my Charlotte Tilbury Order from Net-A-Porter (as mentioned in my previous post they are currently offering free shipping to certain countries for all orders). Always enjoy the shipping service provided by NAP as it took only 2 days for the package to arrive! This is my first Charlotte Tilbury purchase and my feelings for the products are quite mixed as some are absolutely fantastic whereas some are let downs, so I thought I’ll quickly share my initial thoughts.
Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Palette The Dolce Vita – Absolutely Amazing! This is my favorite product out of this order, and I would say if you can only have one product from this line – this is the one! The picture doesn’t do this eye shadow palette justice, as it looks far more beautiful and complex in real life. Review for this product will be posted shortly.
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow – Another must-have product from this line. I am not a fan of using shimmery bronzer on me, however this product surpassed my expectations. Both the bronzer and the highlighter are stunning and look flattering on my skin tone. If you apply the shimmery bronzer light handed, it gives a lovely warm glow to this face that works for my fair complexion. Review for this product will be posted shortly.
Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick Coachella Coral and B*tch Perfect - My feelings for the lipsticks are mixed – love the colors and the quality of the lipstick, but I am quite peeved at the packaging. It is very lightweight and looks quite cheap for its price (nowhere near as luxurious as the YSL or Tom Ford lipsticks). Somehow I feel that the packaging is “inspired” by those free Estee Lauder lipsticks that are always included in their gift-with-purchases during the Christmas time lol..
Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lacquer Hall of Fame - I am sorry to say that but I am very disappointed with this lip gloss. The swatch online shows a lovely milky pink color, but the actual color is pretty much transparent. I don’t mind a clear lip gloss if the quality is great, but this product looks and feels downright cheap, and it has a typical vanilla scent that reminds me of those cheap $2 lip glosses you find at the sales bin at the local drugstore.