To all the Aussie beauty lovers who have been shopping up a storm at Sephora every time you go overseas, you probably would know Sephora has already opened the first Australian store in Sydney, and just recently they have launched their Sephora AU online shopping website. Tomorrow we will be finally having our first Australian Sephora Black Friday Sale with 20% site-wide (use code BFAU310093 for the members) and 10% off for the general public!! The brands available in Australia are different to the US site, and the online site also has more brands than in the Sydney store such as Sigma and the highly popular Korean brand 3CE! I put together a list of products that I love, and are exclusive to Sephora that are worthy to check out.
1. Marc Jacobs Beauty – You will get hooked on this brand once you have tried their uber adorable Kiss Pop Lipsticks.
2. NUDESTIX – I have been eyeing this brand for a long time, and love their concept of delivering a wide range of beauty products in the form of pencils (think about lip balm in a pencil). All of their pencils have a creamy consistency and apply beautifully from what I have heard. I will be hauling a lot of them tomorrow! If you are in the US, you can find this range on SPACE NK which is offering gift card of $25 if spend $125 until 1st Dec.
3. Becca – Becca’s shimmering skin perfector pressed powder is one of the best powder highlighters I have used. The must-have shades include the highly popular Becca X Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop (back in stock!), and Moonstone for fair to fair/medium complexions.
4. Make Up For Ever – Raved about their Ultra HD foundation (reviewed here), and another fantastic product that I highly recommend from the line is the Smoky Waterproof Mascara (one of my HGs!)
5 Sigma brushes – Good brushes good price.
6. Sephora Collection – I love storing my makeup in train cases, and I absolutely love this clear train case. Must have for me!
Shopbop has started its major sales event with up to 25% off across the entire store including the sales items with code GOBIG15! I’d thought I’d share some of my favorite pieces from my closet that I previously purchased from them. This season every girl should own a button front skirt, and I managed to find a very affordable piece from the brand WAYF for less than $100. It’s made of faux suede and looks just as good as the more expensive ones. I love it pair it up with a timeless fitted v neck tee to give an effortless sexy vibe. And you can never go wrong with a floppy brim hat and a pair of booties with hardware details this fall.
Top – ATM Anthony Thomas (love his basic cotton tees)
Skirt – WAYF
Boots – TOGA PULLA (currently on sale, and also just purchased this pair!)
Phone Cover – Chiara Ferragni
Sunglasses – Karen Walker
Bracelets/Bangles – Vita Fede
Bar Necklace – Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry
Hat – Rag & Bone
ShopBop Sales is valid until 30 November 2015 with some brands exclusion apply
I always get really excited during the months leading to the Holidays, as there are so many beautiful makeup releases and gift packs during this time of the year. I have been devouring online as well as hauling here and there at the stores over the past weeks, and here is the wishlist I came up that will put a big smile on every girl’s face!
1. Suqqu LE Christmas Kits - This holiday season Suqqu has released two limited edition kits – each kit includes an eye shadow palette, a gel eyeliner pencil and a 50ml makeup remover in a lovely tweed pouch. As usual they are selling out extremely fast, and I have purchased both sets (this and this) as I love the design this year. Along with the Christmas Kits, Suqqu also released the Murasaki Dahlia set (sold out within minutes), and a glamorous Kimono set.
2. Giorgio Armani has just released a set of new premium makeup brushes that are hand-crafted in Japan – now available in the US and UK. It is interesting to see how these brushes are made by the Japanese artisan in this video. I absolutely can’t wait to try them out once they become available in Australia! Another palette that I am highly anticipating is the Giorgio Armani Luxe is More Palette.
3. Guerlian Winter Fairy Tale Holiday 2015 Collection – needless for me to say how crazy this collection is. The must-have products are the LE Meteorites Pearls and the Rouge G Collector Lip Color which have probably been all sold out worldwide. If you are interested in Australia, the Meteorites Pearls are on back order for a limited number at the David Jones Sydney store.
4. The iconic Burberry Military Red lip color now comes in a limited edition gold packaging. Also loving the new Eye Color Cream in festive gold.
5. The highly coveted Charlotte Tilbury Life Changing Lash Curler can now be purchased individually! On Nordstrom in the US.
6. Head over heels with this new Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color range (available here in Australia) – love the colors and the highly intense and moisturizing formula of this new range
I am a regular shopper at Shopbop so there is nothing more exciting than the popular Shopbop’s Family and Friend’s Sale (25% off with code INTHEFAM25 – some brand exclusions apply) that is happening now! It is the best time to snatch up some bargains so I thought I’d introduce a really affordable and well-made shoe brand that I’ve been liking lately.
It is quite obvious that I love investing in beautiful designer shoes, and lately I was on the lookout for a pair of nude strappy sandals. I had my eyes set on the Stuart Weitzman Nudist but they looked very average on me after trying them on. So I decided to skimp on a pair of Schutz Cadey Lee Sandals in flesh colored suede (a very popular style from the brand), and I was very impressed with the way they look and the quality of their shoes (all leather and made in Brazil) at such a reasonable price. They look far better than the SW’s on me – more delicate and slimming on my feet which is exactly what I was after! My second pair is the Schutz Yoko Suede Sandals/Booties. It is really hard to come by a pair of olive suede boots and the style reminds me of my all time favorite booties by Alexander Wang that I wore literally everyday. The only flaw about the Yoko is that the opening is quite big for my skinny ankles, so they only look great if I wear them with skinny leggings/jeans.
Bought this little Fendi monster a while ago and finally had the chance to take some pictures. It’s cute (but not the usual girly cute) in its own unique way, and I think that’s what makes it appealing to me. Since I love investing in classic bags, this is a perfect accessory for adding a playful and whimsical spin to them. I bought mine at the Fendi boutique in the DFS Gallery in Australia (they have very limited stocks), and you can find them online here and here. There are also many affordable options such as this and this in the market now.
Other products featured in the picture
Hermes Birkin 35 Black
Georg Jensen Candelabra
Winter is certainly not as fun as summer, but the upside is that we can wear chunky sweaters and knits! I love throwing myself into cozy and over-sized knits, and I am constantly adding new pieces into my closet. In this ootd I am wearing my current favorite sweater by Bassike. I have been looking for a military green color sweat for so long and I am so glad I found the perfect piece. It has the signature Bassike relaxed cut – like a slimming boyfriend style that doesn’t look boxy nor wide. It is made of wool and cotton with ribbed knit over all which gives a very effortless and chic feel to it. Styling wise, can’t go wrong with ripped denim (my other obsession atm) and a touch of rockstud!
Sweater – Bassike (bought here)
Jeans – Frame Denim (sold out and similar here and here)
Shoes – Valentino (bought here and featured in this post)
Sunglasses – Tom Ford Aviator Sunglasses (bought here)
Necklace – Jennifer Zeuner (available here)
Bag – Mansur Gavriel (featured in this post, try your luck here and here!)
lipstick – Charlotte Tilbury Red Carpet (reviewed here, available here and here)
Just a quick post to let you know that there are some super exciting makeup collections just launched today in Australia. The most highly coveted collection is the Tom Ford Summer 2015 Makeup including the Eye & Cheek Palette, the Cream & Powder Eye Color, the Cream Cheek Color and the Lip Color Sheer in Summer Fling & Incorrigible. I have been drooling over this pretty collection for as long as I can remember, and its finally available in Australia after such a long wait. As usual you need be very quick as Tom Ford makeup with white packaging tend to sell out extremely fast, and most of the products are no longer for sale worldwide as they are all limited edtion.
The second to-die-for collection is the Chanel Fall 2015 Makeup Collection. I placed an order for the Chanel ENTRELACS Eyeshadow Palette immediately! The whole collection is available online and in store.
Last but not least, the Dior COSMOPOLITE Collection for FALL is also here. There are a lot of interesting new products from Dior included in this collection such as the Cheek Stick and the Fluid Eye Shadow.
Introducing a new addition to my ever expanding shoes collection – the Aquazzura Belgravia Suede Pumps. Lace-up shoes are having a major shoe moment, and I like Aquazzura for its original design. Generally speaking their shoes fit me true to size and are relatively comfy for heels. The Belgravia style is seriously sultry and surprisingly cute looking at the same time (reminds me of those little girls ballet shoes!), and extremely versatile. The style is a cross between pumps and ankle length booties, and the best thing about it is that the lace-up front doesn’t cut off your feet so they will help to elongate the legs. As with most “IT” items, they are selling out really fast online. I managed to get myself a pair as soon as they were restocked on NAP (cheapest online for Australian currency). They also come in mid heels as well as a flat version which is absolutely adorable!
styled with Helmut Lang leather pants