Shopbop’s amazing Black Friday Sales has officially begun using code GOBIG14 (see offers below)! I am a little peeved that a lot of clothes I saved in my wishlist have just been sold out within a blink of the eye. Anyhow besides fashion, I think it is a perfect opportunity to start shopping gifts for this holiday. It amazes me how many wonderful and stylish gifts are available on Shopbop which I never used to pay attention to, so I put together a gift guide with price starting from $15. I want everything, particularly all the fashion books for my coffee table, and this ultimate jewelry box.
- Living With Style by Rachel Zoe; Paris Street Style (love this one!); Chanel Book
ART & ILLUSTRATION
- The Oliver Gal Artist Co Canvas Print (want!); – Garance Dore Collection 2015 Calendar
- Furla Cosmetic Case Set (great value set); Sophie Hulme Box Bag; Michael Kors Watch
JEWELRY BOX AND HOLDER
- Ring Holder; Eddie Borgo Jewelry Box; Monogram Jewelry Box
HOMEWARES & STATIONERY (clockwise)
- Kate Space mini notebook; Garance Dore Greeting Card Set; Jonathan Adler Phone Dock; More Please Help Yourself Serving Set; Accent Coasters; Jonathan Adler Vase (as seen on Fashion Police); RABLABS Spreaders; Mirror Tray; RABLABS Candlestick Holder;
More Details on the BlackFriday Offer
I picked out some jaw dropping, elegant and affordable party dresses for this Holiday Season. Holiday dressing is one occasion where I have to spend a ridiculous amount of time finding a dress that I like as well as within my budget – not expensive because I never wear the same party dress more than twice! It also has to be versatile enough to be worn to all occasions such as work functions or weddings, so anything that is too sexy, over the top or bridal are out. I absolutely love the ones I picked and wish I can buy them all! Can you guess which one I bought in the end…answer is below!
1. MAJE – A perfect lady-like midnight blue sequins mini dress with a velvet bow waistband. It’s refined, polished and still make you shine.
2. Needle & Thread – Another stunning sequins dress with crystal embroidery (all hand made) in a delicate tulle. It looks very expensive but amazingly affordable.
3. Alice + Olivia – An uber luxe and glamorous dress that is currently at 70% off. The zigzag patterns give an illusion of longer and slimmer silhouette.
4. Whistles – A break from the usual dark colored dresses. Love the pastel color and the modern silhouette. A very fresh and effortless take on party dresses.
5. Alice + Olivia – I own several dresses from Alice + Olivia in the past so I know how beautiful and delicate their chiffon silk dresses look in real life. This navy blue silk dress with embellished jewel neckline in a classic Grecian style is a winner for me. I ordered it immediately as soon as I saw it on sale at SAKS!
6. Zimmerman – The queen of romantic silky drape dresses from Australia! This is one of their best sellers and has been seen on countless celebs. Also available in maxi length.
7. Needle & Thread – This beautiful blue sequins dress in baroque motifs reminds me of my dream Dolce & Gabanna dresses inspired by Italian heritage. A great bargain as it’s currently at 40% off at Nordstrom.
Just a quick post letting all of the Tom Ford Australian fans know that the Tom Ford Beauty Summer 2014 Collection is finally out here! The Unabashed Eye and Cheek Palette has been sold out globally, and since Australia is the last country receiving the Tom Ford collection (welcome to the life of a beauty enthusiast who resides in Australia..), there are still limited numbers available here. I just got mine and words cannot express how gorgeous this palette is in real life. Love the glitter and the taupe eye shadows, and the blush is such a pretty color. Other products from the collection include a Skin Illuminator and two Lip Shimmers.
There are so many great deals happening today which is the Vogue Online Shopping Night, Here are my picks for some bargain grabs from some local and international shops.
1. Paul and Joe Sister Sweater – currently 30% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
2. Joe’s Jeans Slouched Slim Jeans – currently 30% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
3. Tony Bianco espadrilles -(in leopard and black/white) – 25% off with code VOGQ one day only. These espadrilles are stylish, Chanelesque, good quality with leather upper and lining and affordable! I love them so much so I have them in both colors!
4. J Brand White Tee – Currently 40% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14. J Brand makes the best white Tee. I am debating if I need a backup of this since this style rarely goes on sale!
5. Rag and Bone Denim Shorts – Currently 60% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
6. Alice D Leather Tote – Currently 30% off. Very well priced for a made in Italy all leather stylish tote.
7. Birkenstock - 25% off with code VOGQ one day only.
8. Jennifer Zeuner Evil Eye Necklace – 30% off with code VOGUELOVE from my favorite local fashion jewelry store. I’ve been eyeing this for a while.
9. Amber Sceats Bangle – 30% off with code VOGUELOVE. Bow and Knot bangles are the style to go for at the moment
10. Gorjana ring set 1 – Currently 20% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14.
11. Gorjana ring set 2 – Currently 20% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14.
I have an obsession with cashmere sweaters. As JCrew always say “The best things in life are cashmere“. Cashmere sweaters to me are like the fashion equivalent of Suqqu brushes for beauty – they are investment-worthy, feel so whispering soft and luxurious against your skin. As for the chic factor, if you have read this ultimate fashion bible (which is my all time favorite fashion book and I highly recommend to everyone), you would know that cashmere is the ultimate hero item to be invested in for a timeless wardrobe.
I like to collect quality cashmere sweaters every fall, so over the time I have accrued many across major contemporary brands that are known for making them such as JCrew, Vince and Equipment. I have seen some cheaper ones from the high street brands such as Zara and Uniqlo, and I wasn’t impressed… Since the good ones can be pricey I thought I’d share my thoughts on some of my all time favorites.
The JCrew Cashmere Boyfreind Sweater was my first cashmere sweater (currently 30% off!). I love it so much so I bought them in three different colors – the navy, black, and a hot pink. I love the V neck paired with a relaxed fit which just makes this style so Parisian chic and effortless. JCrew cahsmere is the thickest and most weighty brand than all the others so it’s the most winter-proof.
The Vince Breton Cashmere Sweater is the softest and feels the most plush (currently 20% off at SAKS!). I was in this sweater nearly this entire fall because it felt weightless yet kept me really warm and cosy. It has a longer and more boxy fit so it’s great for wearing it over a shirt like this model, and the stripes makes this sweater perfect for running errands whilst still looking chic.
from my instagram
The Equipment Sloane Cashmere Sweater (also available here). It has a slightly relaxed fit but more slimmer than a typical boyfriend sweater. I find this cut the most versatile, as I can easily wear it alone, or over a shirt as well as underneath a blazer. The quality is amongst the best – it feels tender, soft and plush, and stays in shape without balling up. I have been wearing it regularly and tossing it around everywhere, and it still stays in tip top condition!
Sunglasses – Karen Walker (bought here)
Skirt – (on sale here)
Booties – Toga Pulla (bought here)
I am so excited to find out that Shopbop’s FRIENDS and FAMILY Sale Event 25% storewide is back on again!! It’s probably the best online deal of the year and as usual I shopped up a storm from this event and bought some clothes (including this one, this one, and this one) which I have been lemming for a while.
Enter discount code “FAMILY25” at checkout to enjoy 25% off storewide between October 14th -16th. Such a great mid-week pick-me-up event and happy shopping everyone!
Holiday season is just around the corner and I am starting to look for resort wear and travel friendly yet stylish shoes for my coming soon vacation. I had my eyes set on this pair of Stella McCartney Wedge Platform Loafers as soon as they were out, and little did I know they were completely sold out within days across major online stores for my size. I had to add my name on the wishlist for quite a while until they were restocked! They are uber chic luxe loafers with a mannish inspired look. Flatforms can feel chunky but this pair is very flexible as they are quite light and the heels are made of rubber. Perfect as ‘walking shoes’ and I can dress down or up with them.
Shoes – Stella McCartney (bought here, also love this version here)
Tote – Chanel
Jeans – Frame Denim (bought here, also available here)
It’s been a busy week for me but I still have time to ‘window shop’ and put together my wishlist for this month!
1. Gucci Makeup!! – I am so excited about the new Gucci makeup line which is the talk of the town at the moment. The packaging speaks for glamour and luxury, and I sense that these following products will be mine very soon after browsing through the entire range over and over again.
- Gucci Lipstick Exposure and Hibiscus Thrill
- Gucci Color Shadow Mono
- Gucci Nail Lacquer
- Gucci Eyeshadow Quad Crystal Copper and Tuscan Storm
2. La Mer LE Illuminating Powder – The La Mer loose powder is the best I have ever used (reviewed here) and it’s sad to see that it’s being discontinued. So thrilled to find this limited edition illuminating powder set that makes me swoon.
3. La Mer Intensive Revitalizing Mask – If you have read my previous skincare posts, you would know that I am a big fan of La Mer. It’s a brand that you either hate, or you love and you will stick to their products for years and years, and I am the latter. I have seen visible and great results from their products, and I always wished for a more ‘affordable’ wash off type mask from La Mer. So my wish has been granted and I am definitely going to get this one! Also available in Australia now – here.
4. Cle de Peau Radiant Fluid foundation – Cle de Peau’s foundation is the crème de la crème for over a decade in the market. Very intrigued by their latest radiant foundation which sounds even better than the previous ones (reviewed here)! FYI Cle de Peau is currently offering a gift with purchase at Nordstrom.
5. Bottega Veneta Knot – Another amazing fragrance from this designer house! Been wearing the sample everyday and I am completely head over heels with the scent. If you love the Tom Ford’s Neroli Portofino you would love this one! Fresh, unique and sophisticated.
6. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar On the Go – The latest Filmstar range is available on NAP now! I particularly love the color combination of this one.
7. Chloe Drew – Last but not least, a fashion item which is the IT bag at the moment that is spotted everywhere at fashion weeks. I don’t normally crave for soft pink bags but somehow this bag just grows on me day by day. Such a delicate design with beautiful gold hardware that looks tres chic rather than overly cute. Sold out everywhere except here.