I always get really excited during the months leading to the Holidays, as there are so many beautiful makeup releases and gift packs during this time of the year. I have been devouring online as well as hauling here and there at the stores over the past weeks, and here is the wishlist I came up that will put a big smile on every girl’s face!
1. Suqqu LE Christmas Kits - This holiday season Suqqu has released two limited edition kits – each kit includes an eye shadow palette, a gel eyeliner pencil and a 50ml makeup remover in a lovely tweed pouch. As usual they are selling out extremely fast, and I have purchased both sets (this and this) as I love the design this year. Along with the Christmas Kits, Suqqu also released the Murasaki Dahlia set (sold out within minutes), and a glamorous Kimono set.
2. Giorgio Armani has just released a set of new premium makeup brushes that are hand-crafted in Japan – now available in the US and UK. It is interesting to see how these brushes are made by the Japanese artisan in this video. I absolutely can’t wait to try them out once they become available in Australia! Another palette that I am highly anticipating is the Giorgio Armani Luxe is More Palette.
3. Guerlian Winter Fairy Tale Holiday 2015 Collection – needless for me to say how crazy this collection is. The must-have products are the LE Meteorites Pearls and the Rouge G Collector Lip Color which have probably been all sold out worldwide. If you are interested in Australia, the Meteorites Pearls are on back order for a limited number at the David Jones Sydney store.
4. The iconic Burberry Military Red lip color now comes in a limited edition gold packaging. Also loving the new Eye Color Cream in festive gold.
5. The highly coveted Charlotte Tilbury Life Changing Lash Curler can now be purchased individually! On Nordstrom in the US.
6. Head over heels with this new Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color range (available here in Australia) – love the colors and the highly intense and moisturizing formula of this new range
I have been frequently reaching for my Suqqu Eye Colour Palette Bordeaux EX01 lately so I thought I’d write up a review and FOTD post for it. I love the color combination of this palette. They are different to the usual neutral earthy palettes that I normally gravitate towards. The colors are relatively more vibrant outside of my comfort zone, but somehow I find them to be very wearable yet fresh looking, with the signature Suqqu’s subdued elegance to it.
The Suqqu eye shadow is among the most superior eye shadows you can find. The quality of the newer 3 eye shadow palette feels quite similar to their regular quad. I have done many reviews for them in other posts, and overall the texture of Suqqu is slightly different to the western brands. The powder feels more creamy and moist to the touch, and they glide on weightless, silky smooth and evenly without looking powdery that would really work well on dry skin. The color payoff is also great for this palette – one to two swipes will show the true color as you see in the pan.
Top : Icy white color, slightly sparkly
Middle: Shimmery coppery golden peach.
Bottom: Wine color with a purple undertone in semi satin finish. It contains multi colored glitters but they don’t show up once applied unless you look at it very closely at a certain angle.
Swatch with one swipe
Other products used in the FOTD
Shiseido Pore Smoothing Corrector
Shu Uemura UV Underbase Mousse – totally obsessed!
Tom Ford Powder Compact Foundation (reviewed here)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Eyes & Brows
Tom Ford Brow Sculpting Kit (new, review coming soon)
MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in Toasted Blonde
Dior Addict It Liner (reviewed here)
Lips (my current favorite combo!)
- MAC Lip Pencil Rosy Rim (reviewed here)
- MAC LipStick Please Me
The Suqqu Eye Shadow Palette can be purchased here with international shipping available (TAX will be automatically deducted at the checkout), and more colors are also available at Selfridges.
I have recently re-organized my makeup bag before my trip to Sweden, so I thought I’ll do a ‘what’s in my bag’ post. The makeup pouch is from Louis Vuitton 2015 Summer Collection limited edition. I really like the bright pink V graphic on it and its matching hot pink interior – it is very on trend and adds a playful touch to a rather classic style! The size is also quite compact, and I like the round shape (rather than a flat pouch) so it’s great for holding lots of makeup!
1. Dior Eye Reviver Eyeshadow Palette – reviewed here
2. Bobbi Brown Cheek Palette Pink – reviewed here
3. Suqqu Cheek Brush – The greatest investment you can make for a brush! I have been using it everyday for the past 3 years and it is still in perfect condition (reviewed here)
4. Chantecaille Corrector Concealing Pen – reviewed here
5. Beauty Bar 24k Gold – Highly recommend! I use this face massage tool whenever I can for an instant lifted contour (reviewed here).
6. Dior Rainbow Powder – I use it as a setting powder with a kabuki brush for a soft glow with a brightening effect (reviewed here).
7. BBrowBar Brow Pen – Best brow pen I have ever used (reviewed here)!
8. Charlotte Tilbury Liquid Pencil in Eye Cheat – Can’t live without this pencil now. I use it on the lower waterline and it instantly makes my eyes appear more awakened and bigger (reviewed here)
9. Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner in Marron Glace - A lovely rusty brown color I like to use on the along the lower lash line.
10. Chanel Le Volume Mascara – This mascara gives the most feathery fanned out lashes.
11. Dior Addict It Line- Review coming soon. Absolutely addicted to this liner!
12. Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Color in Roussy – reviewed here
I love looking at new makeup, as much as I love having my wardrobe filled with brand new clothes with tags on. Is there a name for such a syndrome?! Anyway I finally decided to use my beloved Suqqu Blend Color Eye Shadow 16 HANASHOUBU for the first time last week which I have had for quite a while. It is such a beautiful palette that is not so neutral so I decided to take some FOTDs.
I fell in love with this palette as soon as I saw the preview picture from its Spring 2014 collection. A bright lavender is the only pop of color I feel comfortable having it on my eyes other than the usual neutral shades, and I have 100% faith in this palette by Suqqu. The rest of the colors are beautiful neutrals that complement the purple. The quality is as good as an eye shadow can get in a refined and elegant way. All shades are velvety smooth, soft, and adhere to the skin beautifully without enhancing any dry lines on your eyes. All the colors have a soft shimmer with a delicate gleam.
Top Left: Milky vanilla with shimmer that makes a perfect base color
Top Right: Medium taupe brown with shimmer – perfect neutral brown shade for my complexion
Bottom Left: Lavender with iridescent shimmer that is highly pigmented
Bottom Right: Nude pink with shimmer (slightly more sparkly) that is great for highlighting
I applied the vanilla shade all over the lid, then the taupe brown along the upper lash line then I layered the lavender on top to create a soft smoky look.
For the lower lash line, I just lined the lavender shade along the outer 2/3, and highlight the inner corner with the pale pink shade.
Full list of products used:
Suqqu Cream Foundation (reviewed here)
Givenchy Translucent Loose Powder (mine is in the old version packaging)
Chanel Le Volume Mascara
Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Nectar
Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush 02 (currently comparing them with the new GA blushes)
Bobbi Brown is the queen of neutrals, and I love her eye shadow palette if the colors are done right for me. My last palette from BB was from 2 years ago, and finally she released this Nectar and Nude Eye Palette from her recent Nudes in Bloom Collection that captured my heart again. It retails for $95 in Australia (I bought here) which is double the price than in the States, and I made sure I absolutely wanted it so I dropped by the counter 3 times to swatch the colors!
The palette contains 4 matte and 2 shimmery/sparkly eye shadows, with the latter two being the standout for me. They are very smooth to apply and blend, and complement any matte neutral shades for a multi-dimensional look. They bring the matte shades to life, and in my opinion without these two this would be quite a boring palette!
Pale Cream (new shade and matte) – exactly the same color as my skin so it doesn’t show on my skin in the swatch below. It’s excellent for using it as a base color.
Soft Buff (new shade and matte) – matte taupe with mauve undertone. It’s relatively smooth for a matte shade and easy to blend.
Golden Bronze (new shade and metalic) – shimmery pale golden bronze. It’s the most buttery soft and smooth shade out of the palette. Stunning!
Pink Bellini (new shade and sparkly) – very smooth with pink micro glitter for a fine sparkle
Earth (new shade and matte) – a true medium brown shade which would be the most used color out of this palette for me.
Rich Cavair (new shade and matte) – goes on dark chocolate brown. Not as pigmented as the other shade, and it is dry and not easy for blending.
Here is a tutorial of how I would use this palette for a natural eye makeup.
Brushes used in this tutorial include CHIKUHODO Z5; Edward Bess Luxury Eye Brush; Suqqu brush Medium, Suqqu brush F, Laura Mercier Smoky Eye Liner Brush , Laura Mercier Smudge Brush
Overall this is a classic neutral and very versatile eye palette and will be a staple in my makeup rotation. My next Bobbi Brown will definitely be this new stunning palette!
As much as I enjoy a pampering spa treatment every now and then, I often do a ‘home version’ on a weekly basis. Obviously it’s a lot cheaper, and to be honest, the result is pretty much ‘spa-like’ with the help of some good products. My current home-facial is as below – it’s my ideal Sunday night wind down activity with my favorite candle, music and magazines!
1. Deep Cleanse - After removing the makeup, I wash my face using my Clarisonic Aria with a foaming cleanser. I bought this wonderful cleansing tool about 2 months ago and I am completely hooked on it. It gives the skin a true deep cleanse and mild exfoliation which significantly improves the skin congestion around my problematic areas.
2. Massage – This is an essential step to improve blood circulation and lymph drainage hence your face appears more contoured and radiant. I often notice that my face appears significantly slimmer and more lifted after a professional facial. At home I always follow the famous Tanaka’s Face Contouring massage (you can watch her videos here – part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4 shows the before and after result). She is the guru of anti-aging massage, and her book has sold millions of copies across Asia. Combining her massage technique with my Suqqu Massage and Mask Cream helps in firming, detoxifying and lifting the face. If your face is starting to show signs of sagging/fatigue, or you are prone to water retention, I highly recommend that you include this step into your skin care routine. Be aware not to massage on dry skin as too much friction will undo the benefits.
3. Purifying/Clarifying – I then put on the Chantecaille Fruit and Flower Acid Mask. It’s a very gentle clarifying mask that acts almost like a mild peel. It removes the dead skin cells, unclog the pores and brighten up the complexion. I have very thin skin and this one delivers the result without any irritation.
4. Hydrate/Moisturize – Now my skin is all clean and ready to absorb the miracle ingredient of Pitera from my all time favorite SKII’s Facial Treatment Mask. After trying out tons of paper masks over the years, this one still remains my top favorite. It hydrates, brightens and plumps up even the most tiring skin . When using a face mask make sure you are always lie down, because these weighty paper masks (as they are soaked in liquid) can drag your face down “discreetly” if you have it on while sitting/standing!
1. Nars Final Cut Blush New Attitude – My heart skipped a few beats when I saw the preview of Nars Final Cut Collection – it’s all about Pink! After playing with the testers for some time, I ended up with these two items. Check out the swatches of the entire Final Cut collection on The Make-Up Blogette. Nordstrom has a tutorial video on this collection.
2. Nars Final Cut Skin Illuminator Adelaide
3. Suqqu Concealer 01 – I heard so many good things about the white concealer as a highlighter!
4. Suratt Automatique Lip Crayon POC – A new makeup brand only available at Barneys. This is my first product from this line as I always have faith in the quality of the beauty products from Barneys. Check out reviews and swatches on Wondegondigo. Have you tried anything from Suratt? I would love to hear your thoughts
5. Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer 520 – I rushed to the store and got these beautiful glosses after I read the review on The Beauty Look Book!
6. Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer 522
7. Tom Ford Lip Color Indian Rose – I bought thes lipstick with the gloss because the combo looked so beautiful on the gorgeous Tom Ford SA.
8. Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss Sahara Pink
Deal Alert! Neiman Marcus is currently offering $50 off any $200 purchase with promo code JAN50 and free shipping to Australia which I think is pretty fantastic (offer ends this Friday)! So I got myself this one…Yay!
I finally have the time to play around with all the new holiday makeups I bought! I have lots of gatherings and dinners to go in the next couple of weeks and this look created with the Suqqu Makeup Kit B from its 2013 Holiday Collection will make a debut! It’s a very bold and sultry makeup look that’s out of my character but it fits right into the holiday festive season.
I’ll just give a brief review of the Suqqu Holiday Kit B as there are plenty of reviews online. It contains Blend Color EyeShadow Quad Ex19, Mascara Volume Long N, Reset Cleansing Cream, Refining Foam and a grey pouch (not in the picture – quite hideous looking) and mirror.
The star of the set is the Blend Color Eye Shadow Quad EX19. The packaging is absolutely to die for, so as an avid Suqqu fan I bought this set in a heartbeat just for collecting. The colors are very earthy and neutral with a holiday twist. You can never go wrong with a soft shimmering peach and sandy taupe as your basic colors, whilst the midnight khaki green with silver glitters adds a punch of glamor to the quad. Some reviews said that this particular shade is dry, and I don’t have this issue. Compared to the other glitter eye shadows of other brands such as BB, MAC and Nars, I think this is one of the best I own – it’s pigmented, smooth and has no fall out.
Swatches with 1 swipe
The Eye Makeup:
Applied the creamy white shade as a base all over the lid, then the shimmery peach over the eye socket and the taupe on the outer v. I then smudged the sparkly dark green along the upper lash line, and finished with falsies.
For the lower lash line, the dark green is applied to the outer third, and the shimmery peach on the tear duct. I then lined the lash line with a red shimmery eyeliner pencil by Holika Holika (reviewed here) for an edgier twist.
Other Makeup Used:
Tony Moly Aqua Aura Moisturizing BB Cream
Dior Blush in Pink Happiness
MAC lipstick in MAC Red
Once again, I highly recommend this gorgeous Suqqu set if you can still get your hands on it as it has been sold out on Selfridges. Their makeup really is the eastern version of Chanel beauty – sophisticated and timeless in every aspect.