I picked out some jaw dropping, elegant and affordable party dresses for this Holiday Season. Holiday dressing is one occasion where I have to spend a ridiculous amount of time finding a dress that I like as well as within my budget – not expensive because I never wear the same party dress more than twice! It also has to be versatile enough to be worn to all occasions such as work functions or weddings, so anything that is too sexy, over the top or bridal are out. I absolutely love the ones I picked and wish I can buy them all! Can you guess which one I bought in the end…answer is below!
1. MAJE – A perfect lady-like midnight blue sequins mini dress with a velvet bow waistband. It’s refined, polished and still make you shine.
2. Needle & Thread – Another stunning sequins dress with crystal embroidery (all hand made) in a delicate tulle. It looks very expensive but amazingly affordable.
3. Alice + Olivia – An uber luxe and glamorous dress that is currently at 70% off. The zigzag patterns give an illusion of longer and slimmer silhouette.
4. Whistles – A break from the usual dark colored dresses. Love the pastel color and the modern silhouette. A very fresh and effortless take on party dresses.
5. Alice + Olivia – I own several dresses from Alice + Olivia in the past so I know how beautiful and delicate their chiffon silk dresses look in real life. This navy blue silk dress with embellished jewel neckline in a classic Grecian style is a winner for me. I ordered it immediately as soon as I saw it on sale at SAKS!
6. Zimmerman – The queen of romantic silky drape dresses from Australia! This is one of their best sellers and has been seen on countless celebs. Also available in maxi length.
7. Needle & Thread – This beautiful blue sequins dress in baroque motifs reminds me of my dream Dolce & Gabanna dresses inspired by Italian heritage. A great bargain as it’s currently at 40% off at Nordstrom.
Where I stay now is a beautiful and relaxed area that is surrounded by blue water and palm trees, so I have also changed my style to more laid back and resort-ish. My current biggest fashion obsessions include anything with stripes, crossbody bags and loafers, that seem to be perfectly in sync with the warm weather here, and they will also be coming with me on my next vacation which is not far away!
Dress – Splendid (on sale here! also available here)
Bag – Celine (similar here and here for under $150)
Shoes – Stella McCartney (bought here)
Shades – Stella McCartney
Necklace – Tiffany (available here)
Cuff – Amber Sceats (bought here)
Lipstick – Charlotte Tilbury Lost Cherry (bought here, and reviewed here)
There are so many great deals happening today which is the Vogue Online Shopping Night, Here are my picks for some bargain grabs from some local and international shops.
1. Paul and Joe Sister Sweater – currently 30% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
2. Joe’s Jeans Slouched Slim Jeans – currently 30% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
3. Tony Bianco espadrilles -(in leopard and black/white) – 25% off with code VOGQ one day only. These espadrilles are stylish, Chanelesque, good quality with leather upper and lining and affordable! I love them so much so I have them in both colors!
4. J Brand White Tee – Currently 40% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14. J Brand makes the best white Tee. I am debating if I need a backup of this since this style rarely goes on sale!
5. Rag and Bone Denim Shorts – Currently 60% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
6. Alice D Leather Tote – Currently 30% off. Very well priced for a made in Italy all leather stylish tote.
7. Birkenstock - 25% off with code VOGQ one day only.
8. Jennifer Zeuner Evil Eye Necklace – 30% off with code VOGUELOVE from my favorite local fashion jewelry store. I’ve been eyeing this for a while.
9. Amber Sceats Bangle – 30% off with code VOGUELOVE. Bow and Knot bangles are the style to go for at the moment
10. Gorjana ring set 1 – Currently 20% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14.
11. Gorjana ring set 2 – Currently 20% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14.
I have an obsession with cashmere sweaters. As JCrew always say “The best things in life are cashmere“. Cashmere sweaters to me are like the fashion equivalent of Suqqu brushes for beauty – they are investment-worthy, feel so whispering soft and luxurious against your skin. As for the chic factor, if you have read this ultimate fashion bible (which is my all time favorite fashion book and I highly recommend to everyone), you would know that cashmere is the ultimate hero item to be invested in for a timeless wardrobe.
I like to collect quality cashmere sweaters every fall, so over the time I have accrued many across major contemporary brands that are known for making them such as JCrew, Vince and Equipment. I have seen some cheaper ones from the high street brands such as Zara and Uniqlo, and I wasn’t impressed… Since the good ones can be pricey I thought I’d share my thoughts on some of my all time favorites.
The JCrew Cashmere Boyfreind Sweater was my first cashmere sweater (currently 30% off!). I love it so much so I bought them in three different colors – the navy, black, and a hot pink. I love the V neck paired with a relaxed fit which just makes this style so Parisian chic and effortless. JCrew cahsmere is the thickest and most weighty brand than all the others so it’s the most winter-proof.
The Vince Breton Cashmere Sweater is the softest and feels the most plush (currently 20% off at SAKS!). I was in this sweater nearly this entire fall because it felt weightless yet kept me really warm and cosy. It has a longer and more boxy fit so it’s great for wearing it over a shirt like this model, and the stripes makes this sweater perfect for running errands whilst still looking chic.
from my instagram
The Equipment Sloane Cashmere Sweater (also available here). It has a slightly relaxed fit but more slimmer than a typical boyfriend sweater. I find this cut the most versatile, as I can easily wear it alone, or over a shirt as well as underneath a blazer. The quality is amongst the best – it feels tender, soft and plush, and stays in shape without balling up. I have been wearing it regularly and tossing it around everywhere, and it still stays in tip top condition!
Sunglasses – Karen Walker (bought here)
Skirt – (on sale here)
Booties – Toga Pulla (bought here)
I am so excited to find out that Shopbop’s FRIENDS and FAMILY Sale Event 25% storewide is back on again!! It’s probably the best online deal of the year and as usual I shopped up a storm from this event and bought some clothes (including this one, this one, and this one) which I have been lemming for a while.
Enter discount code “FAMILY25” at checkout to enjoy 25% off storewide between October 14th -16th. Such a great mid-week pick-me-up event and happy shopping everyone!
Holiday season is just around the corner and I am starting to look for resort wear and travel friendly yet stylish shoes for my coming soon vacation. I had my eyes set on this pair of Stella McCartney Wedge Platform Loafers as soon as they were out, and little did I know they were completely sold out within days across major online stores for my size. I had to add my name on the wishlist for quite a while until they were restocked! They are uber chic luxe loafers with a mannish inspired look. Flatforms can feel chunky but this pair is very flexible as they are quite light and the heels are made of rubber. Perfect as ‘walking shoes’ and I can dress down or up with them.
Shoes – Stella McCartney (bought here, also love this version here)
Tote – Chanel
Jeans – Frame Denim (bought here, also available here)
This fall I am really into fedora hats and basically any accessories that have fringe or tassel embellishments such as my shoes, so I put together this boho outfit mixing some of my favorite accessories this season with an Anna Sui crochet lace dress. I actually bought this dress as a formal wear last year for my son’s baptism, but that’s what makes me really enjoy fashion in that styling the same piece of clothing with different accessories such as bags and shoes can completely transform the look. Since it was such a sentimental dress for me, I got my boy (who is 13 months now!) to make a cameo in this post lol.
Hats – Rag and Bone (link here)
Shades – Karen Walker (link here)
Dress – Anna Sui (old, similar here by DVF, and here for under $130)
Bag – YSL (link here or here)
Shoes – Toga Pulla (link here)
When it comes to special occasion wear, I find it impossible to find something I like if I purposely look for it. So I tend to buy any dress that captures my heart whenever I see it, and this whimsical Carven dress (love their signature abstract graffiti print) was purchased almost half a year ago and finally it got put to use on my birthday recently! I managed to take some quick snaps before I head out for dinner. Since it was such a sweet dress I decided to pair it with my Valentino Rockstud Booties to give it a punk edge. The YSL Crossbody bag was a ‘treat’ for myself and I had the perfect excuse!
Dress – Carven (this was from previous season and they have a similar one here from the current season)
Bag – YSL (I bought mine here because they don’t charge extra import duties, otherwise it is available here and here in the US)
Shades – Thierry Lasry
Boots – Valentino (posted here)