I have finally jumped on the Valentino Rockstud bandwagon, and once I started I couldn’t stop so I got myself two pairs. The camel pair comes in patent leather with gold studs, and they look extremely glamorous and lush in real life. I can hardly take my eyes off them every time I have them on, and they add a high-end fashion spin to any casual outfit. I also decided to get the special “Noir Rockstud Version” which comes in matte black leather with silver studs as I think I will get more wear out of these. They are much more low key, and look more punk and edgy so they are more wearable on a day-to-day basis for me. Both pairs are truly exquisite and worthy of splurge if you love collecting beautiful shoes. Size wise they run true for me. If you have wider feet I suggest you to go half a size up.
I purchased them here as they work out to be the cheapest for shipping to Australia. Otherwise they are available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and ForwardForward and each shop tends to stock them in different colors.
Resort wear, is obviously made for wearing at resorts (my interpretation!). I have this habit of buying a piece of resort wear every time I go on holiday as my “souvenir”, so overtime I have an archive of beautiful dresses that bring back the fond memories of my past holidays! This year, I got myself this special piece from Zimmermann Resort Collection. It is one extravagant piece that I would only wear at foreign places. It inherits Zimmermann’s signature dreamy design with an Australian beach vibe, and I love the vintage print and the sheer lace hem around the skirt.
Dress – Zimmermann (bought mine here but sold out, few left at Harrods)
Shoes – Prada (similar here)
Sunglasses – Karen Walker (bought here)
Some new clothing from Shopbop I have purchased lately – a lot of black and white which is my main mission for building a capsule of timeless wardrobe staples. First picture is the to die for Rachel Zoe Long Sleeve Tux Dress that is my favorite purchase. It reminds me of Balmain – very classy but unique with a utility twist to it. Love it to bits! PS: Shopbop has just started the Big Event Sale which truly is the best time to invest in some classic pieces that never go on sale, but you have to be very quick as it’s always like a cyber shopping war.
From top to bottom:
Rachel Zoe Tux Dress (similar and cheaper here) / Clover Canyon Laser Cut Top / Elizabeth & James Skirt / Elizabeth & James Dress (sold out, also loving this similar one)
Shopbop Sale Event details use code BIGEVENT15 (starts from March 3 to March 8 )
You save 15% with purchase over $250
You save 20% with purchase over $500
You save 25% with purchase over $1000
Brand exclusion: Stuart Weitzman
I have always been a dress girl. Particularly now that I am on mommy’s duties at all times so there is very little time for me to think how to mix and match. Grabbing a dress in the morning seems to be the easiest as well as fool proof option for me. This Saloni Katie Silk Dress is one of my latest additions to my wardrobe and I love everything about it. The cut is very flattering and makes me want to dance as it’s so light and flowy. Also carrying my beloved YSL Mini Crossbody Bag – I haven’t really talked much about this bag on my blog but it’s such an investment piece based on “cost per wear value” as it just goes with everything and it’s so cute and chic!
Dress – Saloni (bought here but is sold out, also available here)
Bag – YSL (link here)
Sunglasses – Rayban Original 58mm Aviator in Green/Gold (bought here, other colors here)
Shoes – Toni Bianco (similar here)
Necklace – Cartier
It was love at first sight with the Givenchy Bambi Leather Sneaker, and I have been tracking my size everywhere and finally scored a pair! They are cute and edgy – only Givenchy can mix these two most different/opposite elements into a coveted design. The whole bambi range (including clothes and accessories) is cool and effortless, and as for a shoe lover like me, I cannot dismiss them! They are super comfortable and soft as the leather is goatskin, but one thing to note is they run a little large. I went for half a size down and they fit me perfectly.
There are very limited stocks at these shops (here, here and cheapest here) – good luck finding your size if you want a piece of Givenchy Bambi!
I picked out some jaw dropping, elegant and affordable party dresses for this Holiday Season. Holiday dressing is one occasion where I have to spend a ridiculous amount of time finding a dress that I like as well as within my budget – not expensive because I never wear the same party dress more than twice! It also has to be versatile enough to be worn to all occasions such as work functions or weddings, so anything that is too sexy, over the top or bridal are out. I absolutely love the ones I picked and wish I can buy them all! Can you guess which one I bought in the end…answer is below!
1. MAJE – A perfect lady-like midnight blue sequins mini dress with a velvet bow waistband. It’s refined, polished and still make you shine.
2. Needle & Thread – Another stunning sequins dress with crystal embroidery (all hand made) in a delicate tulle. It looks very expensive but amazingly affordable.
3. Alice + Olivia – An uber luxe and glamorous dress that is currently at 70% off. The zigzag patterns give an illusion of longer and slimmer silhouette.
4. Whistles – A break from the usual dark colored dresses. Love the pastel color and the modern silhouette. A very fresh and effortless take on party dresses.
5. Alice + Olivia – I own several dresses from Alice + Olivia in the past so I know how beautiful and delicate their chiffon silk dresses look in real life. This navy blue silk dress with embellished jewel neckline in a classic Grecian style is a winner for me. I ordered it immediately as soon as I saw it on sale at SAKS!
6. Zimmerman – The queen of romantic silky drape dresses from Australia! This is one of their best sellers and has been seen on countless celebs. Also available in maxi length.
7. Needle & Thread – This beautiful blue sequins dress in baroque motifs reminds me of my dream Dolce & Gabanna dresses inspired by Italian heritage. A great bargain as it’s currently at 40% off at Nordstrom.
Where I stay now is a beautiful and relaxed area that is surrounded by blue water and palm trees, so I have also changed my style to more laid back and resort-ish. My current biggest fashion obsessions include anything with stripes, crossbody bags and loafers, that seem to be perfectly in sync with the warm weather here, and they will also be coming with me on my next vacation which is not far away!
Dress – Splendid (on sale here! also available here)
Bag – Celine (similar here and here for under $150)
Shoes – Stella McCartney (bought here)
Shades – Stella McCartney
Necklace – Tiffany (available here)
Cuff – Amber Sceats (bought here)
Lipstick – Charlotte Tilbury Lost Cherry (bought here, and reviewed here)
There are so many great deals happening today which is the Vogue Online Shopping Night, Here are my picks for some bargain grabs from some local and international shops.
1. Paul and Joe Sister Sweater – currently 30% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
2. Joe’s Jeans Slouched Slim Jeans – currently 30% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
3. Tony Bianco espadrilles -(in leopard and black/white) – 25% off with code VOGQ one day only. These espadrilles are stylish, Chanelesque, good quality with leather upper and lining and affordable! I love them so much so I have them in both colors!
4. J Brand White Tee – Currently 40% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14. J Brand makes the best white Tee. I am debating if I need a backup of this since this style rarely goes on sale!
5. Rag and Bone Denim Shorts – Currently 60% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14 (one day only).
6. Alice D Leather Tote – Currently 30% off. Very well priced for a made in Italy all leather stylish tote.
7. Birkenstock - 25% off with code VOGQ one day only.
8. Jennifer Zeuner Evil Eye Necklace – 30% off with code VOGUELOVE from my favorite local fashion jewelry store. I’ve been eyeing this for a while.
9. Amber Sceats Bangle – 30% off with code VOGUELOVE. Bow and Knot bangles are the style to go for at the moment
10. Gorjana ring set 1 – Currently 20% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14.
11. Gorjana ring set 2 – Currently 20% off and in addition there is a $25 gift card for every $100 purchase with code VogueAu14.