This month my favorite eye shadow palette has to be my new Bobbi Brown Smokey Nudes Eye Shadow Palette. As a neutral eye shadow addict, I could not resist the color palette of this one – with many wearable soft neutral shades and a few smokey shades in a variety of finishes that I will make so much use out of. Bobbi Brown tends to release eye shadow palettes in either warm tones, or cold tones, but this palette leans perfectly neutral which is a rare find so I decided to add this one to my collection.
The Bobbi Brown’s signature two tier design of this palette is also another attraction for me. I just love the fact that there are 8 reasonable sized eye shadows housed in such a sleek and compact case. The texture of each shadow is also on par with their single eyeshadow, as they are very smooth and apply effortlessly without any fall out including the sparkly shades. This palette contains three different types of eye shadows – the matte, the metallic, and the sparkly, so I get to show my playful creativity as I really enjoy mixing and matching these shades for different day and night looks .
Shade description – all the shades included in this palette are exclusive and are not available in their permanent collection. I absolutely love Bobbi Brown’s Metallic single eye shadows for their amazing shimmer factor and high intensity, but the color choices are very limited. So I am very pleased to find out that this palette contains 2 metallic shades that are in the most gorgeous neutral colors.
Top Tier (clockwise)
- Cream (matte): A creamy ivory shade that is almost the same color as my skin. An essential color to be included in a palette for serving it as base color purpose.
- Naked (matte): A warm nude with a hint of mauve undertone, and leans slightly warm on my skin.
- Woodrose (matte): A medium ash brown and is perfect for contouring.
- Silver Brown (sparkle): A sparkly grey brown with a hint of silvery purple tinge to it. Adds a glamour touch to the eye makeup for a soft smokey look.
Bottom Tier (clockwise)
- Watercolor pink (sparkle): A sparkly pale pink
- Nude Beach (metallic): A cool shimmery sandy beige, and is one of the most beautiful shades in this palette.
- Smoked (matte): A rich brown black in matte
- Smokey Brown (metallic): A true taupe with a metallic sheen. I wish they have this in the single form so I will buy a dozen of them lol.
Bottom Line: Must have! And it also makes a perfect gift for your girlfriends. I bought the Bobbi Brown Smokey Nudes Eye Shadow Palette here in Australia, and apparently it is all sold out at Bobbi Brown Online. In the US it is available at Nordstrom and SAKS with the following two great deals!
Nordstrom is running a major Gift With Purchase event for beauty products along with their Black Friday Sales
Saks is offering a $25 Giftcard when you spend $100 on Beauty or Fragrance using code BEAUTY14.