I have been passing on the eye shadows from Chanel for the past several releases, and this fall Chanel has finally delivered the beautiful Les 5 Ombres De Chanel Entreslacs Eyeshadow Palette
that was special enough for me to make a purchase. The 2015 Fall Collection
is all about playing with shadow and light, so you will find that most of the products echo the theme with a neutral color palette. I personally think that this eye shadow palette is the star product of the collection, as it comes in a limited edition palette form with 5 eye shadows, and all the colors are the best neutral colors that you could ever get.
I absolutely love the variation of the colors included in this palette – it’s almost like a contour kit for the eyes. They work with various skin tones, and each color compliments and works in perfect harmony. They can be layered together for mimicking a shadow and light effect for creating an illusion of deeper set eyes in an effortless way. This is the ultimate appeal of a neutral eye shadow palette, with the right balance of matte and shimmery eye shadows that can be worn in so many ways for different looks.
The quality of this palette is also phenomenal, as the texture of all the eye shadows are buttery soft and glide on like silk without any fallout. The pigmentation is also lovely – a gentle dip into the eye shadow is suffice for an entire application.
Color description (from left to right)
1. shimmery ivory vanilla – Perfect for highlighting the brow areas and the inner corners.
2. semi-matte soft neutral brown – This is a rather ‘common’ color but it adds so much value to an eye shadow palette, as both the color and the finish are perfect for contouring the eyes which makes them appear deeper set and less puffy.
3. shimmery chocolate brown with gold micro glitter – A great color for layering or deepening the outer v, and the shimmer adds a lovely touch for creating a multi-dimensional finish.
4. satin charcoal brown – Great for creating smoky eyes, or can be used as an eyeliner. The subtle shimmer makes the color appear less harsh on the eyes.
5. shimmery pale peachy pink – I can never have enough of this color! Sometimes all I need is a wash of this color on the eye lid that will just transform the eyes.
Bottom Line: Must have for the neutral eye shadow lovers! One the best eye shadow palettes I have acquired in this year. I bought the Les 5 Ombres De Chanel Entrelacs Eyeshadow Palette here in Australia, and it is also available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Chanel Online in the US.