I have recently re-organized my makeup bag before my trip to Sweden, so I thought I’ll do a ‘what’s in my bag’ post. The makeup pouch is from Louis Vuitton 2015 Summer Collection limited edition. I really like the bright pink V graphic on it and its matching hot pink interior – it is very on trend and adds a playful touch to a rather classic style! The size is also quite compact, and I like the round shape (rather than a flat pouch) so it’s great for holding lots of makeup!
1. Dior Eye Reviver Eyeshadow Palette – reviewed here
2. Bobbi Brown Cheek Palette Pink – reviewed here
3. Suqqu Cheek Brush – The greatest investment you can make for a brush! I have been using it everyday for the past 3 years and it is still in perfect condition (reviewed here)
4. Chantecaille Corrector Concealing Pen – reviewed here
5. Beauty Bar 24k Gold – Highly recommend! I use this face massage tool whenever I can for an instant lifted contour (reviewed here).
6. Dior Rainbow Powder – I use it as a setting powder with a kabuki brush for a soft glow with a brightening effect (reviewed here).
7. BBrowBar Brow Pen – Best brow pen I have ever used (reviewed here)!
8. Charlotte Tilbury Liquid Pencil in Eye Cheat – Can’t live without this pencil now. I use it on the lower waterline and it instantly makes my eyes appear more awakened and bigger (reviewed here)
9. Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner in Marron Glace - A lovely rusty brown color I like to use on the along the lower lash line.
10. Chanel Le Volume Mascara – This mascara gives the most feathery fanned out lashes.
11. Dior Addict It Line- Review coming soon. Absolutely addicted to this liner!
12. Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Color in Roussy – reviewed here
If you follow me on Instagram, you would know that I am currently in Sweden for a 6-weeks business trip. I’ve been here for about a week now, and other than missing my family like crazy, I really enjoy every aspect of “living” in Stockholm (yes I live like a local here). This city was never on my travel radar as it’s just too far away from Australia, and to my pleasant surprise, Stockholm is such a lovely place to visit (but make sure not in winter…). It’s a beautiful charismatic European city, with a great selection of international food. And most importantly for the fashion lovers, the Scandinavians, if not better, are just as chic as the Parisians.
As you would expect, I did some serious shopping over the weekend, and I could not believe I found this Mansur Gavriel Mini Bucket bag – it is the bucket bag of my dream! If there was one bag with a waiting list that rivals the Hermes Birkin, it would be this IT bag of the moment. I have been eyeing this bag for about half a year now and it’s never been available. Who would have known that I would find this in Sweden, which happened to be the only bag the shop received!
This bag fits me perfectly. The mini size is cute but still quite roomy to fit my everyday essentials in. The bag is made of smooth black leather with a soft buttery touch to it. It is very light as the leather is paper-thin, and there is a special hard coating inside which makes the bag feel solid and doesn’t lose its bucket shape. I particularly like the drawstring ties as it adds an effortless touch to such a minimalist design. The strap is adjustable so you can carry it either cross body or over the shoulder. As a designer handbag that is made in Italy, the price is very reasonable. Highly recommend if you are after a bucket bag – you can also try your luck here or here. Otherwise there are a lot of other great options available such as this Sophie Hulme bucket bag, or this cute one from See by Chloe.
Where I stay now is a beautiful and relaxed area that is surrounded by blue water and palm trees, so I have also changed my style to more laid back and resort-ish. My current biggest fashion obsessions include anything with stripes, crossbody bags and loafers, that seem to be perfectly in sync with the warm weather here, and they will also be coming with me on my next vacation which is not far away!
Dress – Splendid (on sale here! also available here)
Bag – Celine (similar here and here for under $150)
Shoes – Stella McCartney (bought here)
Shades – Stella McCartney
Necklace – Tiffany (available here)
Cuff – Amber Sceats (bought here)
Lipstick – Charlotte Tilbury Lost Cherry (bought here, and reviewed here)
Whilst I am still in the process of putting together some more reviews for the other products I picked up from the Chanel Holiday 2014 collection, I thought I’ll quickly share some of my favorite products for the month of October before it ends. The monthly favorite posts are my all time favorite posts/videos to watch from other bloggers, and I don’t know why have I never done one?! So I am definitely going to incorporate this new series into my blogging schedule going forward.
1. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette – So glad I was able to get hold of this one from Net-A-Porter. I’ve been holding out on buying the individual blushes in the hope that they would release a palette one day, and my wish has been granted! It’s also available here in the US. Detailed review for this one as well as the highlighting palette is coming soon.
2. Chanel Camelia De Plumes Highlighting Powder – Every year Chanel releases an art piece of highlighter which is worthy of collection. This piece is stunning on its own, and also works great as a highlighter without looking frosty on me. Detailed review coming soon.
3. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick Lost Cherry – Definitely one of my favorite purchases from Charlotte Tilbury (reviewed here). It’s longing lasting and can be worn for a polished look or sheer it out as a lip stain (the latter is my preferred method of wear).
4. Tiffany Key Necklace – Starting to wear and mix and match my jeweleries more now that my boy is bit older so he doesn’t pull them off me anymore
This fall I am really into fedora hats and basically any accessories that have fringe or tassel embellishments such as my shoes, so I put together this boho outfit mixing some of my favorite accessories this season with an Anna Sui crochet lace dress. I actually bought this dress as a formal wear last year for my son’s baptism, but that’s what makes me really enjoy fashion in that styling the same piece of clothing with different accessories such as bags and shoes can completely transform the look. Since it was such a sentimental dress for me, I got my boy (who is 13 months now!) to make a cameo in this post lol.
Hats – Rag and Bone (link here)
Shades – Karen Walker (link here)
Dress – Anna Sui (old, similar here by DVF, and here for under $130)
Bag – YSL (link here or here)
Shoes – Toga Pulla (link here)
I have been quite infatuated with stacking up bracelets and rings for a while – they look simple but I personally think that there is a lot of thought involved in having the right amount of accessories in the mix. The beautiful Cartier Juste Un Clou Ring in gold was my birthday present from my DH. I have always wanted a nice statement ring which doesn’t look too chunky on my fingers, and the Cartier was just perfect for the size and its unique design. I like to wear it with some dainty and sparkling midi rings, and my favorites are the Vita Fede rings. (I have previously raved about how gorgeous their accessories are in this post). Altogether they don’t look too overwhelming on my hands, and they are actually quite office appropriate.
Cartier Juste Un Clou Ring Gold (similar here for under $100)
Vita Fede Mini Crystal V Ring Rose Gold (cheaper version here)
Vita Fede Ultra Mini V Pearl and Crystal Ring Gold
Nails Essie Flirt
I’ve been wearing this beautiful Jennifer Zeuner Chelsea Horizontal Bar Necklace with diamond a lot lately (bought here and it always arrives in an impeccably packaged box!). It’s a delicate yet sturdy horizontal bar gold necklace that adds an effortless chic spin to every outfit . I am not really a bold necklace person as it just takes too much time to find an outfit that matches, and this one is my favorite recent addition to my dainty necklaces collection. It is an everyday necklace that looks uber cool wearing it alone, as well as great for layering it with others. I am a big ban of Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry as their craftsmanship is superb for the price you pay, and they don’t look worn-out over time. Love love love!
This pair of Tabitha Simmons Hannah was my xmas treat for myself. – what could be a better present than some serious shoes therapy for a hard working mum! I have been eyeing them for so long and in the end I decided to take them home before they went on sale just in case my size got sold out later! (which it did and it’s now at 60% off at Barneys and Saks!) This pair is simply perfection to me – they are black and sexy, with a biker edge look. This is my first pair of shoes by Tabitha Simmons who is an A-list celeb stylist as well as a shoe designer with all her shoes made in Italy. I am quite amazed at the amount of thought she has put into her shoe design as they come with a built-in sole protector!! And it has a zip closure at the back so they are easy to slip in and out. I have to say these are the most comfortable booties I have worn for a very long time despite the heel size. Tabitha Simmons – you got me hooked, and right now I am drooling over this pair but my size is already gone!
And that’s how they look on super model Miranda Kerr! (photo credit from JustJared)