This week I am reporting back my thoughts on the latest Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse in BB Beige from its Sakura Collection. The UV Under Base has always been the best seller for Shu Uemura. To celebrate its success, Shu has launched a BB cream version of it in the form of a mousse and it comes in 3 shades – the one I bought is the BB Beige. This mousse contains all the benefits of the original version – has a spf of 30 and PA+++, and has a moussey texture that feels extremely lightweight on the skin. In addition, it also has the same coverage as a BB cream in a natural and luminous finish.
I love the airy and moussey texture, a marshmallow size is enough to do the whole face. Once it is blended out the foam turns into liquid and instantly aborbs into your skin, leaving your skin feeling hydrated.
– An excellent multi-tasking product. It has a sun protection factor of 30 without the greasiness and heaviness. It can also be used as makeup base to brighten up or even out your skintone. I personally prefer to use it as a BB cream or foundation.
– The coverage is just as good as a foundation. You can see from the swatch below it totally covers up most of my skin imperfections without looking cakey.
– It makes my skin look poreless! It works better than any of the silicone based products I have tried so far.
– It gives a nice luminous glow and controls the oil for the whole day.
– The shade in BB Beige is too light for my skin! Just when I thought I could not be any more paler…
– Just like some other BB creams, it leaves a hint of greyish cast on my skin but it disappears over time.
This picture shows the natural luminous effect.
Will I rebuy it?
Probably not simply because the shade doesn’t match up with my skintone.