As soon as I saw the preview pic of the Dior Eye Reviver Eyeshadow Palette, I knew it would be a must-have LE item to collect this year. Sometimes the “special edition makeup” with a big wow factor can be a little too fancy for use everyday, but this palette is equally practical and stunning. I was late to review this as I didn’t want to ruin the beautiful design of it! If you have been thinking about buying it then this is a good time as it is currently at 10% off on Nordstrom. I bought mine at David Jones in Australia.
The Eye Reviver Palette is encased in a glossy silver case, and contains 5 beautiful neutral eye shadows embossed with Dior logos, and 1 black gel eye liner. The texture of the powder eye shadows are as good as you can get – buttery soft, silky smooth to apply and easy to blend without fallout, and all shades are highly pigmented. Dior has totally nailed the the color combination of this palette. The 5 neutral colors of different finishes are in perfect homonany and complement each other when layered together. They are very wearable shades for me, with a degree of uniqueness and complexity to it that makes this palette particularly alluring to me. As for the cream gel liner it is a little on the dry side, so when it is applied it doesn’t feel as smooth as the better ones such as the Bobbi Brown. I would only reach for the gel liner if I don’t have other eyeliner options available.
1. A semi-matte ivory color – it looks very clean on my skin-tone so it’s excellent for a base color.
2. A shimmery sandy beige champagne color that is great for highlighting or as a wash of barely-there color over the entire eye lid.
3. A shimmery medium mink brown color (leans slightly cool) with a hint of metallic sheen.
4. A true taupe color with a hint of mauve undertone that is also slightly metallic.
5. A dark chocolate brown in matte. Thumbs up for this color as it is very smooth and rich for a matte texture.
6. The gel eyeliner is medium black.
Under natural sunlight