Quite a few people have expressed interest in the Becca Luminous Skin Colour, so I have decided to review this one first.
Becca Luminous Skin Colour is an award winning face base product that has been the best seller ever since Becca was launched – actually it was the first product Becca released. It has a wide range of colors to choose from for any complexion. My shade is Cashmere – it is a pale shade with a yellow undertone and it matches me perfectly. Becca’s website describes this product as a combination tinted moisturizer and sheer foundation. It initially failed to impress me because this is the sheerest foundation I have ever come across – it is even more sheer than any tinted moisturizers or BB creams I have used in the past. When blended out, it has very minimal coverage.
It started to grow on me as I used it more – I have come to appreciate this foundation more and understand why this is the best seller.
– It contains a lot of moisturizing ingredients and has a very high water content. It is so easy to blend and adheres to my face like second skin even on the driest skin day.
– Different to most shimmery or highlighting products – it gives a “shine within” dewy glow. Same effect as if you just had a facial – people would just think your skin is naturally healthy and glowing.
– It contains SPF25, it feels weightless on my skin, feels lighter than any lightest sunscreen . On a normal day I would just skip suncreen if I wear this foundation.
– Due to its high water content, I like to mix this product in with an opaque concealer to sheer it down, that way it gives an illuminating effect for concealing the under eyes area.
– As mentioned earlier it is Ultra sheer, it only evens my complexion out but hides no imperfections.
– Requires more product (about 3 pumps for me) per application than regular foundation.
– Requires a touch-up after 5 to 6 hours of wear.
Swatched Becca Luminous Color in Cashmere on my hand:
When it is blended out, even at a closer look, you can’t even detect there is a layer of foundation on.
Being brave once again- exposing my bare face to the world wide web!
The picture below would give you a better idea of how it looks. The side with the Becca Foundation didn’t have any other products on. On a normal day I would wear some under eyes concealer on top of the foundation then I’m good to go.
I have also been trying different ways to apply this foundation. It is incredibly easy to blend. I like to use a foundation brush or fingers. I won’t recommend to apply it with the Beauty Blender because it will make it even more sheer! The foundation retails for AUD$68.
Long post, I hope this review will help any of you who are interested in this product.