I gushed about how much I was impressed with the new Chanel Le Blanc Whitening Compact Foundation Radiance Thermal Comfort from the Le Blanc 2017 collection when I first bought it, and I’ve been trialing the new foundation over a few weeks now (so the honeymoon period is over!), and I can honestly say that it is one of the best compact foundations I have ever used. It has the finest creamy texture, and is the most moisturizing powder that works great for dry skin or in the cold months.
The design is very minimalist – encased in a clean all-white case, and comes with a sponge applicator. The sponge has 1 side of velvety texture, and it feels ultra luxurious and plush against the skin. It is designed for application for a better coverage and a more air-brushed finish. The other side has a normal sponge finish that gives a more natural and traceless finish.
The powder is designed to work in all climate conditions as well as protecting your skin with SPF25 with PA+++. It is extremely finely milled that feels silky smooth and buttery upon touching. Best of all, the powder applies creamy and feels very moisturizing on the skin. It gives the skin a milky porcelain-like finish in a natural way that does not look overly powdery. It gives medium to high coverage without looking cakey. I personally prefer to apply it with my favorite Chanel Les Beiges Kabuki Brush, or with the sponge applicator for touch-ups.
It doesn’t enhance any dry lines and does a wonderful job to even out the imperfections with a hint of brightening effect and completely cover the pores. I have been using it solely as a foundation, with a sheer layer of primer underneath, and it stays put for the whole day (7-8 hours ) without creasing. Since it is a very moisturizing powder, it does not completely mattify the skin, and I notice some oil comes through on the t-zone after 5 to 6 hours of wear.
Color: I bought the color 20 Beige (FYI I am NC15-20, GA 3.5/4) and this shade matches me perfectly.
Overall I highly recommend this compact foundation whether you need it for touch up or solely as a foundation. The texture is perfection for all skin types and particularly for the dry skin, and it feels ultra comfort and blends seamlessly!
The Chanel Le Blanc Spring 2017 collection was released recently, and as usual, I always find a lot of beautiful pieces that are more appealing to me than their seasonal collections. Unfortunately the collection is Asia-exclusive as of now.
I picked up the Le Blanc Whitening Compact Foundation (amazing powder, and as the Chanel SA says “the best powder foundation Chanel has ever done!”), the gorgeous Plisse Lumiere De Chanel highlight powder and a nail color. The former two products will take me a while to review, so I thought I’d share some swatches for the beautiful Le Vernis in Blue Pastel first. It’s a pastel sky blue color in cream finish. I have been wearing nude and pastel colors a lot lately, so this color is right up my alley. It looks unique, clean and elegant at the same time. Consistency is slightly streaky for the first coat, but you can achieve a full opaque and smooth finish with a second or third coat.
Just a quick post on the weekend rounding up some of my favorite products over the past few months. Some have already been reviewed, and some are recently acquired that I fell in love with.
1. Dior DreamSkin Perfect Cushion Foundation – Out of all the cushion foundations I have, this one is my top HG as it just enhances the skin to perfection! Not quite a foundation, more of a skin perfector – Reviewed here.
2. Suqqu Dual Ended foundation brush – This is the latest brush released by Suqqu, and you will never go wrong with them!
3. Zovea Nude Eye Shadow Palette – Been reaching out to this affordable palette a lot for an array of beautiful neutral shades in different finishes, and it is especially great for travel. Reviewed here.
4. Chanel Le Rouge Lip Crayon – Best formulas for lip crayons ever! Reviewed here.
5. Cle De Peau Radiant Fluid Foundation – It gives a beautiful natural radiant second-skin finish that lasts the whole day. Review to come soon.
6. Sisley Double Tenseur Moisturizing Gel – My HG daytime skincare lotion as well as a makeup primer that hydrates and lifts the skin instantly. Reviewed here.
7. SK-II Genopitcs Aura Essence – A hydrating and brightening serum that gives the skin a beautiful radiance and glow. It truly works overnight as well as over the long run. Review to come soon.
8. Baby Quasar MD Plus – Can’t live without this tool and even got my mum hooked on to it. It is expensive but it’s the best beauty investment I have ever made for anti-aging treatment at home. It’s easy to use and gives a pro-salon result over a short time. Review to soon.
You know it is true love and is in the holy grail category when I have a backup of the same product. Case in point – this Sisley Paris ‘Double Tenseur’ Moisturizing Gel. I was at the Sisley counter a few months ago and was mainly interested in their newest foundation. It turned out I did not like the foundation but got blown away by this new product which is a skincare and makeup 2-in-1. In fact I loved it so much that I bought a second one a week later (bought here)!
Basically, it’s a skincare lotion that can also be used a primer as it delivers a lifting effect both immediately as well as in the long-run . Sisley recommends to apply this product as the last step in your skincare regime, and just before you apply the foundation. It’s a miracle product that gives an instant lifting effect, and makes you look instantly refreshed and awakened. I am not sure what’s the technology behind this little bottle of gem, but according to Sisley, this gel creates a 3D mesh on your skin as a second-skin effect, and as it retracts, it gives a lifting sensation.
My experience – yes it works amazingly! I can see a noticeable difference before and after. It just instantly makes the jaw lines appear more v-shaped, and best of all the lines around the nose is improved. I have used lots of lifting face products and this one by far delivers the most outstanding results for me. Ever since I have incorporated this gel in my makeup routine, I feel my complexion appears more youthful and refreshed, and I can guarantee I will be using it for another few years!
The Double Tenseur Moisturizing Gel has a silky clear gel texture and it absorbs into the skin immediately. It has a mild herbal scent and mildly hydrates the skin which preps the skin for foundation. As a skincare product, it goes well with the other products I am using – there is no flaking, no stickiness and feels completely weightless. As a makeup primer, it works well with all types of foundations. I have used both liquid and powder foundations and they all sit nicely on the skin.
Bottom Line: Highly recommend if you are after a lifting product that truly works. Available here in the US, and here in Australia.