1. Nars Final Cut Blush New Attitude – My heart skipped a few beats when I saw the preview of Nars Final Cut Collection – it’s all about Pink! After playing with the testers for some time, I ended up with these two items. Check out the swatches of the entire Final Cut collection on The Make-Up Blogette. Nordstrom has a tutorial video on this collection.
2. Nars Final Cut Skin Illuminator Adelaide
3. Suqqu Concealer 01 – I heard so many good things about the white concealer as a highlighter!
4. Suratt Automatique Lip Crayon POC – A new makeup brand only available at Barneys. This is my first product from this line as I always have faith in the quality of the beauty products from Barneys. Check out reviews and swatches on Wondegondigo. Have you tried anything from Suratt? I would love to hear your thoughts 🙂
5. Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer 520 – I rushed to the store and got these beautiful glosses after I read the review on The Beauty Look Book!
6. Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer 522
7. Tom Ford Lip Color Indian Rose – I bought thes lipstick with the gloss because the combo looked so beautiful on the gorgeous Tom Ford SA.
8. Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss Sahara Pink
Deal Alert! Neiman Marcus is currently offering $50 off any $200 purchase with promo code JAN50 and free shipping to Australia which I think is pretty fantastic (offer ends this Friday)! So I got myself this one…Yay!
This pair of Tabitha Simmons Hannah was my xmas treat for myself. – what could be a better present than some serious shoes therapy for a hard working mum! I have been eyeing them for so long and in the end I decided to take them home before they went on sale just in case my size got sold out later! (which it did and it’s now at 60% off at Barneys and Saks!) This pair is simply perfection to me – they are black and sexy, with a biker edge look. This is my first pair of shoes by Tabitha Simmons who is an A-list celeb stylist as well as a shoe designer with all her shoes made in Italy. I am quite amazed at the amount of thought she has put into her shoe design as they come with a built-in sole protector!! And it has a zip closure at the back so they are easy to slip in and out. I have to say these are the most comfortable booties I have worn for a very long time despite the heel size. Tabitha Simmons – you got me hooked, and right now I am drooling over this pair but my size is already gone!
And that’s how they look on super model Miranda Kerr! (photo credit from JustJared)
On my nails today – two coats of Chanel Le Vernis Charivari (603) which is a beautiful smoky eggplant vampy color in cream finish. Quality is of standard Chanel and the color has a mix of dark mauve and taupe undertone under the light. Every girl needs to have at least few bottles of Chanel Le Vernis on their vanity, and Charivari is a great limited edition nail color to collect!
I fell in love with Chanel Cream Blush since my first purchase when they were just released (see my review for Affinite and Revelation), and the Intonation 69 (LE) from Chanel Notes de Printemps Spring 2014 Makeup Collection is the third addition to my collection. The formulation of the blush is top notch for a cream blush in the market and works great for any skin type.
Intonation is a bright rosy pink with coral undertone. It looks quite bright and red in the pan, and when it is applied on the skin sheer, it shows up more coral pink. I did a comparison against Affinite as they look similar, and as you can see from the swatch below that Intonation is warmer and more coral, which makes it flattering on any skin tone. It is very pigmented so a small dab of the product is suffice to achieve a natural finish. As with all the Chanel cream blush, Intonation applies and sets into the skin beautifully – it adheres to the skin seamlessly without settling into the pores and stays put for a minimum of 5-6 hours.
Left: Intonation Right: Affinite
Eyes: Chanel Raffinement Eyeshadow Quad from Spring 2013
Cheeks: Chanel Cream Blush Intonation
Lips: Chanel Rouge Coco in Triomphe 60 (reviewed here)
Bottom Line: Spring makeup is all about wearing some pretty and natural flush of colors on the cheeks and lips, and this cream blush (available here or here) is a must have if you are shopping for a new blush this season.
Chanel Rouge Allure 138 Fougueuse and Rouge Coco 60 Triomphe are my picks for the lipsticks from the Chanel Notes De Printemps Spring Collection. I always gravitate towards fresh and pretty lip colors that goes well with my everyday makeup so naturally I picked up these two stunners.
In general, Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Lip Color has a semi-opaque finish with a satin sheen. The texture is moderately hydrating, silky smooth and not as slippery as those super “buttery lipsticks”, so they are easier to apply if you are on the go (without a mirror) and it has decent staying power. It doesn’t feel moisturizing enough on the lips compared to the ones with an emollient texture. However, rest assured that it won’t enhance any dry lines and flakes on the lips.
Rouge Coco 60 Triomphe is a beautiful pink with coral undertone. As it is semi-opaque I applied several coats to show the true color in the swatch below.
In general, Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Color is more opaque than Rouge Coco, and the color is also more intense and brighter. It also has a very smooth and rich texture with a satin sheen. It has amazing lasting power with up to 5-6 hours of wear, and the trade-off is that it feels slightly dry on the lips after wearing it for a while (as with most long lasting lipsticks).
Rouge Allure 138 Fougueuse is a cool bright pink with blue undertone – a great color to complement any pink blushes in spring!