Hi everyone, I am very excited that the Chanel Spring 2014 Collection Notes De Printemps arrived early in Australia. I always look forward to the Chanel spring makeup collection every year as the colors are very fresh and pretty in an elegant way, and the Spring 2014 is no exception. I easily picked up a lot of items within a minute and here is a sneak peak on what I purchased. I didn’t get the Le Vernis 605 TAPAGE and the Levres Scintillantes Glossimer 179 Murmure as they have all been sold out in Australia for now, and the stock should be replenished shortly.
– Le Vernis 603 CHARIVARI (AUD$39)
– Rouge Coco 60 TRIOMPHE (AUD$50)
– Rouge Allure 138 FOUGUEUSE (AUD$50)
– Cream Blush 69 INTONATION (AUD$60)
– Illusion D’Ombre 93 IMPULSION (AUD$48)
Note that the prices listed are the retail prices in Australia.
I have also swatched the following products that were on display which I didn’t buy from the collection. The colors of both eye shadow palettes appear to have quite a heavy pink and rosey undertone so I decided to pass on them.
– Ombres Contraste Duo Rose Majeur
– Cream Blush Chamade
– Lumieres Facettes Eyeshadow Quad Quadrille
– Levres Scintillantes Glossimer Sonate
The Chanel Spring 2014 Collection Notes De Printemps is now available online at Nordstrom.
I finally have the time to play around with all the new holiday makeups I bought! I have lots of gatherings and dinners to go in the next couple of weeks and this look created with the Suqqu Makeup Kit B from its 2013 Holiday Collection will make a debut! It’s a very bold and sultry makeup look that’s out of my character but it fits right into the holiday festive season.
I’ll just give a brief review of the Suqqu Holiday Kit B as there are plenty of reviews online. It contains Blend Color EyeShadow Quad Ex19, Mascara Volume Long N, Reset Cleansing Cream, Refining Foam and a grey pouch (not in the picture – quite hideous looking) and mirror.
The star of the set is the Blend Color Eye Shadow Quad EX19. The packaging is absolutely to die for, so as an avid Suqqu fan I bought this set in a heartbeat just for collecting. The colors are very earthy and neutral with a holiday twist. You can never go wrong with a soft shimmering peach and sandy taupe as your basic colors, whilst the midnight khaki green with silver glitters adds a punch of glamor to the quad. Some reviews said that this particular shade is dry, and I don’t have this issue. Compared to the other glitter eye shadows of other brands such as BB, MAC and Nars, I think this is one of the best I own – it’s pigmented, smooth and has no fall out.
Swatches with 1 swipe
The Eye Makeup:
Applied the creamy white shade as a base all over the lid, then the shimmery peach over the eye socket and the taupe on the outer v. I then smudged the sparkly dark green along the upper lash line, and finished with falsies.
For the lower lash line, the dark green is applied to the outer third, and the shimmery peach on the tear duct. I then lined the lash line with a red shimmery eyeliner pencil by Holika Holika (reviewed here) for an edgier twist.
Other Makeup Used:
Tony Moly Aqua Aura Moisturizing BB Cream
Dior Blush in Pink Happiness
MAC lipstick in MAC Red
Once again, I highly recommend this gorgeous Suqqu set if you can still get your hands on it as it has been sold out on Selfridges. Their makeup really is the eastern version of Chanel beauty – sophisticated and timeless in every aspect.
Hi everyone, seasons greetings to all of you! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday which is only days away! As for me, I’m thoroughly enjoying being a mum and spending every second with my precious boy hence the lacking of posts. And here is a quick update on what’s happening…
1. After a long time of searching for the perfect new home, my hubby and I have finally found the place. It is located in a beautiful stroller (as well as pet) friendly area and we have just moved in recently. So far I still have lots of boxes to unpack, and styling of the house is not completely done yet. Interior design has always been my hobby so this is the perfect opportunity for me to put my ideas into practice! I would love to show you my new place (including my custom built closet) one day 🙂
2. My boy is 4 months old, and watching him grow and smile at me are the most rewarding and delightful moments in my life now. I have so much admiration for other mothers who choose to stay home to look after their children – it is a much harder job than anything else! I am a very hands-on mum just completely exhausted at the end of the day, and there is no ‘day off’.
3. As a result of lacking of motivation, as well as spending a great amount of time in front the TV to catch up on the Kardashian family businesses lol, my weight is still the same as the previous update and it is very frustrating! So I have enrolled myself into the gym and I’m loving the feeling of working out again (I highly recommend the Elixr health club if you like all sort of pilates and yoga), and hopefully I’ll see some great results soon.