Hi everyone, I am very excited that the Chanel Spring 2014 Collection Notes De Printemps arrived early in Australia. I always look forward to the Chanel spring makeup collection every year as the colors are very fresh and pretty in an elegant way, and the Spring 2014 is no exception. I easily picked up a lot of items within a minute and here is a sneak peak on what I purchased. I didn’t get the Le Vernis 605 TAPAGE and the Levres Scintillantes Glossimer 179 Murmure as they have all been sold out in Australia for now, and the stock should be replenished shortly.
– Le Vernis 603 CHARIVARI (AUD$39)
– Rouge Coco 60 TRIOMPHE (AUD$50)
– Rouge Allure 138 FOUGUEUSE (AUD$50)
– Cream Blush 69 INTONATION (AUD$60)
– Illusion D’Ombre 93 IMPULSION (AUD$48)
Note that the prices listed are the retail prices in Australia.
I have also swatched the following products that were on display which I didn’t buy from the collection. The colors of both eye shadow palettes appear to have quite a heavy pink and rosey undertone so I decided to pass on them.
– Ombres Contraste Duo Rose Majeur
– Cream Blush Chamade
– Lumieres Facettes Eyeshadow Quad Quadrille
– Levres Scintillantes Glossimer Sonate
The Chanel Spring 2014 Collection Notes De Printemps is now available online at Nordstrom.
I finally have the time to play around with all the new holiday makeups I bought! I have lots of gatherings and dinners to go in the next couple of weeks and this look created with the Suqqu Makeup Kit B from its 2013 Holiday Collection will make a debut! It’s a very bold and sultry makeup look that’s out of my character but it fits right into the holiday festive season.
I’ll just give a brief review of the Suqqu Holiday Kit B as there are plenty of reviews online. It contains Blend Color EyeShadow Quad Ex19, Mascara Volume Long N, Reset Cleansing Cream, Refining Foam and a grey pouch (not in the picture – quite hideous looking) and mirror.
The star of the set is the Blend Color Eye Shadow Quad EX19. The packaging is absolutely to die for, so as an avid Suqqu fan I bought this set in a heartbeat just for collecting. The colors are very earthy and neutral with a holiday twist. You can never go wrong with a soft shimmering peach and sandy taupe as your basic colors, whilst the midnight khaki green with silver glitters adds a punch of glamor to the quad. Some reviews said that this particular shade is dry, and I don’t have this issue. Compared to the other glitter eye shadows of other brands such as BB, MAC and Nars, I think this is one of the best I own – it’s pigmented, smooth and has no fall out.
Swatches with 1 swipe
The Eye Makeup:
Applied the creamy white shade as a base all over the lid, then the shimmery peach over the eye socket and the taupe on the outer v. I then smudged the sparkly dark green along the upper lash line, and finished with falsies.
For the lower lash line, the dark green is applied to the outer third, and the shimmery peach on the tear duct. I then lined the lash line with a red shimmery eyeliner pencil by Holika Holika (reviewed here) for an edgier twist.
Other Makeup Used:
Tony Moly Aqua Aura Moisturizing BB Cream
Dior Blush in Pink Happiness
MAC lipstick in MAC Red
Once again, I highly recommend this gorgeous Suqqu set if you can still get your hands on it as it has been sold out on Selfridges. Their makeup really is the eastern version of Chanel beauty – sophisticated and timeless in every aspect.
Hi everyone, seasons greetings to all of you! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday which is only days away! As for me, I’m thoroughly enjoying being a mum and spending every second with my precious boy hence the lacking of posts. And here is a quick update on what’s happening…
1. After a long time of searching for the perfect new home, my hubby and I have finally found the place. It is located in a beautiful stroller (as well as pet) friendly area and we have just moved in recently. So far I still have lots of boxes to unpack, and styling of the house is not completely done yet. Interior design has always been my hobby so this is the perfect opportunity for me to put my ideas into practice! I would love to show you my new place (including my custom built closet) one day 🙂
2. My boy is 4 months old, and watching him grow and smile at me are the most rewarding and delightful moments in my life now. I have so much admiration for other mothers who choose to stay home to look after their children – it is a much harder job than anything else! I am a very hands-on mum just completely exhausted at the end of the day, and there is no ‘day off’.
3. As a result of lacking of motivation, as well as spending a great amount of time in front the TV to catch up on the Kardashian family businesses lol, my weight is still the same as the previous update and it is very frustrating! So I have enrolled myself into the gym and I’m loving the feeling of working out again (I highly recommend the Elixr health club if you like all sort of pilates and yoga), and hopefully I’ll see some great results soon.
Vita Fede is my favorite jewelry brand at the moment. I call them “affordable luxury” because they aren’t cheap but much more affordable than the high end brands, and the quality is almost on par with some jewelry pieces that cost an arm and a leg. Each Vita Fede piece is immaculately crafted (they are all made in Italy) and uber stylish. The Titan Bracelet is their signature range, and if your budget allows I suggest to get a few different styles such as with crystals or stones to stack up. I have a baby wrist so I prefer the mini Titan range for mix and match.
Vita Fede Mini Titan Crystal Bracelet Silver
Vita Fede Mini Titan Bracelet Rosegold
Vita Fede Mini Crystal V Ring
Vita Fede Ultra Mini Titan Ring
Shopbop is having the SPEND and SAVE Event with code BIGEVENT13. And I have noticed that they are flying off the shelf!
SPEND $250 SAVE 15%
SPEND $500 SAVE 20%
SPEND $1000 SAVE 25%
Styling my hair is a challenge – quote from my hairdresser. It wasn’t until my HD told me why – I have naturally frizzy and puffy hair but with very flat roots! So not only do I need products to make them sleek and smooth, I am also constantly on the lookout for the best root lifting products. I have tried tons and here are the products I recommend:
1. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – Absolutely my HG. I have mentioned this product in my past posts. Basically it’s a texture spray that goes on completely invisible and weightless, and adds lots of volume and refreshes the roots at the same time. It also keeps my hair dry and soft which is what I like the most. I normally used it on my roots but I have seen celeb stylists use it throughout the whole hair on their clients for some va-va-voom volume. The downside is that it is expensive for using as a dry shampoo, and it is not available in Australia! I am down to my last can now so I am saving it for special occasions.
2. Alterna Bamboo Volume Uplifting Root Blast – My second favorite product that I almost use everyday. It gives just enough volume and lift to my limp roots, and I like this product because it has holding power that lasts for several hours, and it doesn’t make my hair sticky nor stiff. The downside is that it’s not a dry spray so it may take some time for the product to dry if too much is applied.
3. SACHAJUAN Root Lift – Works very similar to the Alterna Root Blast. It’s a non-sticky styling spray in an aerosol can that adds volume and hold. I bought this because I was attracted to its clean and sleek packaging.
4. Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti Humidity Hair Spray – I really like the Alterna line so I bought this product to try after my success with the root blast. This is more of a flexible holding spray which also helps to control frizz. I normally use this product after I give the roots a hot blast with blow dryer, and it helps to hold the lift with a dry finish. The downside is that it gives the hair a harder texture (as most holding hair sprays do), and I have to run my fingers through to soften it.
5. Kevin Murphy Hair Resort Spray – I always like my ‘beach hair’ after a swim as my hair just dries up in natural waves with volume in a way that I can never recreate with any tools. So that made me purchase this volumising hair spray in the hope of achieving the same texture. I spray it on to the dry roots then scrunch it up, and it helps to add massive volume. The downside is that it feels quite heavy on the hair due to the salt content, and can make hair sticky and crunchy.
6. Aveda Pure Abundance hair potion – There is a lot of hype about this product when it was first released. It’s a root lifting product in powder form but turns into liquid wax as soon as it applied on to the hair. It volumises the hair by adding thickeness and texture. I think this would work great on fine hair, and as for me who has medium to thick hair, I find this product is too heavy and thick for my liking.
I am one of those girls who can never find a piece of clothing or a pair of shoes when I purposely look for it, so I always tend to buy random things that I come across and fall in love. For instance this pair of gorgeous ankle Studded Booties by Sigerson Morrison. It was love at first sight when I accidentally spotted it on Shopbop, and best of all it was on sale! So I immediately bought the last pair in my size. The small sized silver studs complements the taupish beige color (also comes in black leather), and the concealed wedge is just a genius idea as it gives some invisible height as well as adding a casual and effortless spin to the look. They are also very comfortable to wear and run true to size.
The Sigerson Morrison Accent Studded Booties can be found on Shopbop with 30% off, or at Bloomingdales with 20% off using code FRIENDS.
There are some great deals happening this weekend, which is a great opportunity for you to snatch up some bargains as well as start gift shopping!
1. HARRODS 10% Storewide (this weekend only) – this is the sale I anticipated the most. I love buying makeup and skincare from Harrods as this is one of the very few online shops who ship cosmetics internationally. They have the most luxury range of cosmetics and the price is also more affordable given that there is a 12% off VAT deduction on top of the 10% discount storewide.
2. Strawberrynet 10% storewide (Australia only) – We all know how much Australians love shopping on Strawberrynet for their wide range of discounted cosmetics and fragrances!
3. Sephora VIB 20% off Sale
4. LookFantastic – Loads of great deals and my favorite pick has to be the 3 for 2 BENEFIT Gift Sets, in addition to 10% off on all orders using code LFNEW.
5. SAKS Sneak Peak Sales – 40% off selected designers
6. IMOMOKO 11.11% Off Storewide – A great one-stop online shop to buy Japanese and Korean cosmetics.
Here is my current skincare regime as I am very pleased with the results.
1. Clinique Take the day off Cleansing Milk: A gentle and soothing cleansing milk that is effective to take off light makeup.
2. ALBION EXAGE Moist Crystal Milk: ALBION’s signature pre-toner lotion. When it is used in conjunction with the ALBION Skin Conditioner Treatment Lotion my skin stays moisturized and supple all day long. Absolutely love the combination.
3. ALBION Skin Conditioner: Japan’s best selling treatment lotion that tops the sales record every year (a bottle is sold every 13 seconds!). It is a refreshing yet highly hydrating treatment lotion which is made of high concentration of Japanese barley. It helps to keep the skin oil and water balanced and it purifies, brightens and moisturize at the same time. It is my all time favorite treatment water and I have gone through countless bottles of it.
4. Ipsa Premier Line ME Serum 1: The latest skin firming gel-type serum from Ipsa that claims it will give the same result as having a laser thermage. I almost used the bottle up, and although I have not noticed a significant slimming/lifting and anti-aging effect, it does keep the puffiness at bay.
5. Ipsa Premier Line Lift Up Roller: A special face massaging tool especially designed to be used together with the ME serum . It gives a temporary lifting effect and helps to stimulate the lymph notes and blood circulation along the jaw lines and the neck which helps to eliminate toxins.
6. Perricone MD High Potency Evening Repair: I really like this serum for night time. It is a very potent serum that helps to repair and resurface dull and aged skin, and I can see a great improvement overnight. As a bonus I have noticed it has some firming effect, as I feel the definition of my face appears sharpened and more lifted every time I use this product.
7. Sisley Day & Night Ecological Compound: Another holy grail product for me and I always keep one on my vanity table. Sisley is known for its state of the art botanical ingredients, and this silky moisturizing lotion has a lovely milky texture that is easily absorbed by the skin which is ideal all year round and is suitable for most skin types. It gives the skin a lovely glow, and is also great to be worn under the makeup.
8. Fresh Creme Ancienne: I was intrigued by this cream as it is comparable to cream de La Mer. The texture is even thicker and waxier than the latter, and it is extremely rich so a tiny dab is enough for the whole face even for the very dry skin type. I only reach for this cream on days when my skin is desert dry, and this cream works wonders.