1. Nars Final Cut Blush New Attitude – My heart skipped a few beats when I saw the preview of Nars Final Cut Collection – it’s all about Pink! After playing with the testers for some time, I ended up with these two items. Check out the swatches of the entire Final Cut collection on The Make-Up Blogette. Nordstrom has a tutorial video on this collection.
2. Nars Final Cut Skin Illuminator Adelaide
3. Suqqu Concealer 01 – I heard so many good things about the white concealer as a highlighter!
4. Suratt Automatique Lip Crayon POC – A new makeup brand only available at Barneys. This is my first product from this line as I always have faith in the quality of the beauty products from Barneys. Check out reviews and swatches on Wondegondigo. Have you tried anything from Suratt? I would love to hear your thoughts
5. Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer 520 – I rushed to the store and got these beautiful glosses after I read the review on The Beauty Look Book!
6. Giorgio Armani Flash Lacquer 522
7. Tom Ford Lip Color Indian Rose – I bought thes lipstick with the gloss because the combo looked so beautiful on the gorgeous Tom Ford SA.
8. Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss Sahara Pink
Deal Alert! Neiman Marcus is currently offering $50 off any $200 purchase with promo code JAN50 and free shipping to Australia which I think is pretty fantastic (offer ends this Friday)! So I got myself this one…Yay!
This pair of Tabitha Simmons Hannah was my xmas treat for myself. – what could be a better present than some serious shoes therapy for a hard working mum! I have been eyeing them for so long and in the end I decided to take them home before they went on sale just in case my size got sold out later! (which it did and it’s now at 60% off at Barneys and Saks!) This pair is simply perfection to me – they are black and sexy, with a biker edge look. This is my first pair of shoes by Tabitha Simmons who is an A-list celeb stylist as well as a shoe designer with all her shoes made in Italy. I am quite amazed at the amount of thought she has put into her shoe design as they come with a built-in sole protector!! And it has a zip closure at the back so they are easy to slip in and out. I have to say these are the most comfortable booties I have worn for a very long time despite the heel size. Tabitha Simmons – you got me hooked, and right now I am drooling over this pair but my size is already gone!
And that’s how they look on super model Miranda Kerr! (photo credit from JustJared)
On my nails today – two coats of Chanel Le Vernis Charivari (603) which is a beautiful smoky eggplant vampy color in cream finish. Quality is of standard Chanel and the color has a mix of dark mauve and taupe undertone under the light. Every girl needs to have at least few bottles of Chanel Le Vernis on their vanity, and Charivari is a great limited edition nail color to collect!
I fell in love with Chanel Cream Blush since my first purchase when they were just released (see my review for Affinite and Revelation), and the Intonation 69 (LE) from Chanel Notes de Printemps Spring 2014 Makeup Collection is the third addition to my collection. The formulation of the blush is top notch for a cream blush in the market and works great for any skin type.
Intonation is a bright rosy pink with coral undertone. It looks quite bright and red in the pan, and when it is applied on the skin sheer, it shows up more coral pink. I did a comparison against Affinite as they look similar, and as you can see from the swatch below that Intonation is warmer and more coral, which makes it flattering on any skin tone. It is very pigmented so a small dab of the product is suffice to achieve a natural finish. As with all the Chanel cream blush, Intonation applies and sets into the skin beautifully – it adheres to the skin seamlessly without settling into the pores and stays put for a minimum of 5-6 hours.
Left: Intonation Right: Affinite
Eyes: Chanel Raffinement Eyeshadow Quad from Spring 2013
Cheeks: Chanel Cream Blush Intonation
Lips: Chanel Rouge Coco in Triomphe 60 (reviewed here)
Bottom Line: Spring makeup is all about wearing some pretty and natural flush of colors on the cheeks and lips, and this cream blush (available here or here) is a must have if you are shopping for a new blush this season.
Chanel Rouge Allure 138 Fougueuse and Rouge Coco 60 Triomphe are my picks for the lipsticks from the Chanel Notes De Printemps Spring Collection. I always gravitate towards fresh and pretty lip colors that goes well with my everyday makeup so naturally I picked up these two stunners.
In general, Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Lip Color has a semi-opaque finish with a satin sheen. The texture is moderately hydrating, silky smooth and not as slippery as those super “buttery lipsticks”, so they are easier to apply if you are on the go (without a mirror) and it has decent staying power. It doesn’t feel moisturizing enough on the lips compared to the ones with an emollient texture. However, rest assured that it won’t enhance any dry lines and flakes on the lips.
Rouge Coco 60 Triomphe is a beautiful pink with coral undertone. As it is semi-opaque I applied several coats to show the true color in the swatch below.
In general, Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Color is more opaque than Rouge Coco, and the color is also more intense and brighter. It also has a very smooth and rich texture with a satin sheen. It has amazing lasting power with up to 5-6 hours of wear, and the trade-off is that it feels slightly dry on the lips after wearing it for a while (as with most long lasting lipsticks).
Rouge Allure 138 Fougueuse is a cool bright pink with blue undertone – a great color to complement any pink blushes in spring!
Hi everyone, I am very excited that the Chanel Spring 2014 Collection Notes De Printemps arrived early in Australia. I always look forward to the Chanel spring makeup collection every year as the colors are very fresh and pretty in an elegant way, and the Spring 2014 is no exception. I easily picked up a lot of items within a minute and here is a sneak peak on what I purchased. I didn’t get the Le Vernis 605 TAPAGE and the Levres Scintillantes Glossimer 179 Murmure as they have all been sold out in Australia for now, and the stock should be replenished shortly.
- Le Vernis 603 CHARIVARI (AUD$39)
- Rouge Coco 60 TRIOMPHE (AUD$50)
- Rouge Allure 138 FOUGUEUSE (AUD$50)
- Cream Blush 69 INTONATION (AUD$60)
- Illusion D’Ombre 93 IMPULSION (AUD$48)
Note that the prices listed are the retail prices in Australia.
I have also swatched the following products that were on display which I didn’t buy from the collection. The colors of both eye shadow palettes appear to have quite a heavy pink and rosey undertone so I decided to pass on them.
- Ombres Contraste Duo Rose Majeur
- Cream Blush Chamade
- Lumieres Facettes Eyeshadow Quad Quadrille
- Levres Scintillantes Glossimer Sonate
The Chanel Spring 2014 Collection Notes De Printemps is now available online at Nordstrom.
I finally have the time to play around with all the new holiday makeups I bought! I have lots of gatherings and dinners to go in the next couple of weeks and this look created with the Suqqu Makeup Kit B from its 2013 Holiday Collection will make a debut! It’s a very bold and sultry makeup look that’s out of my character but it fits right into the holiday festive season.
I’ll just give a brief review of the Suqqu Holiday Kit B as there are plenty of reviews online. It contains Blend Color EyeShadow Quad Ex19, Mascara Volume Long N, Reset Cleansing Cream, Refining Foam and a grey pouch (not in the picture – quite hideous looking) and mirror.
The star of the set is the Blend Color Eye Shadow Quad EX19. The packaging is absolutely to die for, so as an avid Suqqu fan I bought this set in a heartbeat just for collecting. The colors are very earthy and neutral with a holiday twist. You can never go wrong with a soft shimmering peach and sandy taupe as your basic colors, whilst the midnight khaki green with silver glitters adds a punch of glamor to the quad. Some reviews said that this particular shade is dry, and I don’t have this issue. Compared to the other glitter eye shadows of other brands such as BB, MAC and Nars, I think this is one of the best I own – it’s pigmented, smooth and has no fall out.
Swatches with 1 swipe
The Eye Makeup:
Applied the creamy white shade as a base all over the lid, then the shimmery peach over the eye socket and the taupe on the outer v. I then smudged the sparkly dark green along the upper lash line, and finished with falsies.
For the lower lash line, the dark green is applied to the outer third, and the shimmery peach on the tear duct. I then lined the lash line with a red shimmery eyeliner pencil by Holika Holika (reviewed here) for an edgier twist.
Other Makeup Used:
Tony Moly Aqua Aura Moisturizing BB Cream
Dior Blush in Pink Happiness
MAC lipstick in MAC Red
Once again, I highly recommend this gorgeous Suqqu set if you can still get your hands on it as it has been sold out on Selfridges. Their makeup really is the eastern version of Chanel beauty – sophisticated and timeless in every aspect.
Hi everyone, seasons greetings to all of you! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday which is only days away! As for me, I’m thoroughly enjoying being a mum and spending every second with my precious boy hence the lacking of posts. And here is a quick update on what’s happening…
1. After a long time of searching for the perfect new home, my hubby and I have finally found the place. It is located in a beautiful stroller (as well as pet) friendly area and we have just moved in recently. So far I still have lots of boxes to unpack, and styling of the house is not completely done yet. Interior design has always been my hobby so this is the perfect opportunity for me to put my ideas into practice! I would love to show you my new place (including my custom built closet) one day
2. My boy is 4 months old, and watching him grow and smile at me are the most rewarding and delightful moments in my life now. I have so much admiration for other mothers who choose to stay home to look after their children – it is a much harder job than anything else! I am a very hands-on mum just completely exhausted at the end of the day, and there is no ‘day off’.
3. As a result of lacking of motivation, as well as spending a great amount of time in front the TV to catch up on the Kardashian family businesses lol, my weight is still the same as the previous update and it is very frustrating! So I have enrolled myself into the gym and I’m loving the feeling of working out again (I highly recommend the Elixr health club if you like all sort of pilates and yoga), and hopefully I’ll see some great results soon.